Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

141 - 143 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
46 Posts
I just test drove both cars on Saturday (a RAV XLE & Forester Sport), and while the RAV is a nice car, it feels huge. I felt like I was driving a boat. There's also a really big blind spot at the back, and coming from a car with zero tech, I just have trouble relying on cameras right now. It does have more HP than the Forester, which is a plus.

I thought the Forester felt more nimble and the seats were comfier. The wiper blade deicer seems to be IN the wiper blade now as opposed to a strip on the windshield (my car is so old lol), and the lip of the hood doesn't cover it so it's exposed, which I thought was weird.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5 Limited
10 Posts
The only RAV to get, IMHO, is the Hybrid. In fact, that is the only type of Toyota engine I would buy in any vehicle. Bear in mind I lease, don't buy.

I had two Prius (2010, 2013)...really enjoyed them both, particularly when I was filling them up!

I would have considered the RAV Hybrid had it been released last month...I wasn't crazy about any of the other versions, but as someone who drives pretty much in the city, and hills too, getting that extra mileage is very nice...if only from a psychological POV.

Also, if you're ever going to lease a Toyota, be aware they are pretty much the only company that does NOT include GAP insurance in your lease. They spring that on you in finance.

·
Registered
19 19 Touring, 17TrgXT CVT
637 Posts
Lastly, the the dealerships made a big difference. Both Toyota dealerships we visited reminded my wife and I why we don't like the car buying experience - high pressure, have a couple of different managers talk to you, cut down the other dealers, etc. Subaru dealer was the exact opposite.

@LiamMalone somewhat similar issues here in Pittsburgh with two Toyota Dealers we visited when we first in the market for a compact SUV. They both ignored us when we walked in the door, and then had a take it or leave it attitude when they did speak to us about price on the RAV4. Walked right out in both cases. 180 degrees different at most Subaru dealerships we visited. Have never had a good experience at a Toyota or Volkswagen Dealership.

Too many choices and great transparency if you bother to look on the Internet to be playing those games.

141 - 143 of 143 Posts