Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts
Tony,
For the chrome around the fog lights, did you wrap it or replace it with the sport trim piece? If you replaced it or removed it to wrap, could you comment on how it is removed and put back. It appears to be a snap of and snap on part but I am afraid of breaking it trying to get it off.

I'd purchased the sport grill for the sport trim and it came black.
Tony (or anyone). I noticed to install the sport grille, the instructions indicate you need to drop the front bumper/fascia. Was that much of a pain?
My green touring is arriving in a couple days. I've ordered a sport grille (chrome) to install (obviously not port installed). Just wondering whether it will be a quick/easy or PITA experience for me.

I've got the bodyside moldings coming, too. I'm undecided if I'll install or not - I won't know until I tack them up temporarily to decide if I like the look.

I know Moraine had the fog lamp bezels wrapped. As the Touring/Sport appear to share the same design, but just different finishes, I'm intrigued in this change, especially if I put on the sport grill (chrome). Looks like the black bezels are about $75 each - probably the route I'd go if i'm not getting anything else wrapped. The chrome are only $45 each!

See my compare on the front view of a green Touring. It looks fine for the front on - but I'm not so sure in the 3/4 view. Does the all black look too cheap on the Touring?

Attachments

Man you have just solved our dilemma! Wanted the Touring Model, did not want all the Chrome . Like the Sport, But not the Orange (although paintable fix I guess).
Wanted a Black exterior but then body color door handles would be needed. On ur white I actually like the Chrome door handles as a little bling to the mellow white, not liking so much on a black exterior . May change mind on exterior color now to white. Ur Forester is one of the sharpest I have seen, thanks so much for sharing!

Love the car there, great pics of Yosemite, etc …. Where did you get those graphics? Wife loves them...she said just needs a bear someplace …. :wink2:

Went "just looking" today, bought / traded up to white '19 Sport, we like the orange-ish-red accents. She wants to know … seriously, about graphics. :thumbsup:

I know that someone asked already BUT how hard was the install of the Sport Grill? Did you install it yourself? I avoided doing this on my 2015 OB Ltd and used Plasticote instead BUT I never liked the rubbery finish that the spray-on resulted in.......

I think I'll be investigating how much the same wrap job might cost here in NH when my Green Touring is delivered.....

Sweet look........gotta get rid of the chrome look!

Steve

I know that someone asked already BUT how hard was the install of the Sport Grill? Did you install it yourself? I avoided doing this on my 2015 OB Ltd and used Plasticote instead BUT I never liked the rubbery finish that the spray-on resulted in.......

I think I'll be investigating how much the same wrap job might cost here in NH when my Green Touring is delivered.....

Sweet look........gotta get rid of the chrome look!

Steve
Did this mod yesterday on my 16 year old daughter's 2019 Forester. If memory serves there are 12-14 push tabs to take out to remove the bumper for the 4(?) hidden screws holding the grill in place. It took us about 30 minutes in total to remove bumper, change grills, and reinstall bumper. We did watch a youtube video of how to do it before we started. https://youtu.be/iZTY1RYX8kg

I've also done this. Pretty easy. The directions tell you to drop the front bumper. But if your arms are not huge, you can get down to the 2 screws at the bottom no problem. Before you install the new grill, thread in the screws to tap the bottom holes. This will save you straining to get them in while your arm is being scratched up by the hood release ;)

Although it was mentioned that the tires were BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 225/65/17, does anyone know what wheels they are on?
They look like Motegi Racing MR141, but I'm not too sure. Does look sweet.

TS

I took my car to a local vinyl wrap shop and they did the job. I saw them do it with cutless tape.
Do you know if they wrapped the whole bumper and then cut out for the silver parts? I would assume so, so that the bumper is the same color ? Is there a color difference between wrapped and unwrapped plastic? Great looking Touring! I hope to be following a similar route. Cheers!

Love the pictures, especially the scenery! I need to make time for a road trip back up to Yosemite during the winter season.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.