Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts
Wow - this looks awesome! Just the kind of thing to F with my color decision as I wait for my green Touring to arrive.

Things I really like:
Sport-Like Blackout on liftgate: is this the factory part, or painted/plastidip?
Sport/Black Foglight Surrounds: replacement part or painted/plastidip?
Front Grille: Looks like the sport accessory grille, but the entire surround is now black. So either a combo accessory + Sport model parts, or paint/plastidip.
Reduced Silver on side rockers and front/rear lowers.

I really like the green color I ordered, but it was borderline a little too "blingy" in my opinion with the satin mirror caps and chrome foglight surround.

Most of this won't work on my vehicle given the color. The things I might consider at some point are (1) sport accessory grille insert, (2) wrapping satin mirror caps in green, (3) TBD foglight surrounds - not sure what I could do with these. All black won't work, and the Limited ones are not LED....so likely nothing.

A LOT of this look could have been achieved easier by getting a white Sport trim, and changing the exterior orange bits and adding the accessory grille - No? But I assume the OP wanted the Touring content and leather interior.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Discussion starter · #27 ·
Love it! The black wheels make such a difference, and the forest is a cool touch. What is that badge near the front wheels, and where is that forest logo from?

I ordered a black on black Touring, white on black was my second choice, this is making me rethink my decision.
The badge is the LP Aventure badge and the forester logo, I got off ebay. Just type forester decal tree and you'll find it.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Nice look. And love Yosemite in the snow. Maybe more off-road forum related but do you run the tow shackles all the time? Was wondering if road vibration over time might loosen them up some? I'm going to move mine from under the back cover with the tire (or get another one for "Go Box") to avoid unloading the car if needed. Clearance issues with the "traction devices" for Yosemite? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.
I have rubber washer installed with the tow shackles, so it hasn't moved a lot. I didn't need chains in Yosemite but I did use them recently when I went off roading in Big Bear. Hit a hill that was completely ice.... With the KO2 and chains, it did hit the front mudflap but barely hit it.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Wow - this looks awesome! Just the kind of thing to F with my color decision as I wait for my green Touring to arrive.

Things I really like:
Sport-Like Blackout on liftgate: is this the factory part, or painted/plastidip?
Sport/Black Foglight Surrounds: replacement part or painted/plastidip?
Front Grille: Looks like the sport accessory grille, but the entire surround is now black. So either a combo accessory + Sport model parts, or paint/plastidip.
Reduced Silver on side rockers and front/rear lowers.

I really like the green color I ordered, but it was borderline a little too "blingy" in my opinion with the satin mirror caps and chrome foglight surround.

Most of this won't work on my vehicle given the color. The things I might consider at some point are (1) sport accessory grille insert, (2) wrapping satin mirror caps in green, (3) TBD foglight surrounds - not sure what I could do with these. All black won't work, and the Limited ones are not LED....so likely nothing.

A LOT of this look could have been achieved easier by getting a white Sport trim, and changing the exterior orange bits and adding the accessory grille - No? But I assume the OP wanted the Touring content and leather interior.
Everything was vinyl wrap. I originally plastidip but didn't like the results and it's not as durable as vinyl. I'd purchased the sport grill for the sport trim and it came black. https://parts.mckennasubaru.com/p/Subaru_2019_Forester/Sport-Grille---Black/73276978/J1010SJ102.html

Yes, the sport model would have been the better/smarter buy but I wanted the touring features and leather. I'd figure I'll be the rarely touring model that looks like a sport model.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.