Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2019 Forester Touring White (Moraine)

29K views 69 replies 36 participants last post by  AWD Behavior 
#1 ·
Hello I am new to Subaru cars and I am new to this forum. I got a 2019 Forester Touring about a month and a half ago. I needed something that can keep up with my lifestyle but be efficient too. Been slowly modding it due to the limited supplies of parts for this car. Finally had some free time recently to hit up two National Parks and take some pictures of her. Her named is Moraine, after the lake that I’d proposed to my fiance. Enjoy and more to come!

See less See more
#16 ·
Awesome. How did you turn the front, side and rear silver/satin under trim pieces into thin "strips" instead of the standard panels? Like sport trim but in satin... Looks cool.
Go to Subaru's website and look at the Green Touring's side picture in the gallery, Everything below the silver line is silver on the Touring- he had that painted or wrapped in black.

#9 ·
Nice look. And love Yosemite in the snow. Maybe more off-road forum related but do you run the tow shackles all the time? Was wondering if road vibration over time might loosen them up some? I'm going to move mine from under the back cover with the tire (or get another one for "Go Box") to avoid unloading the car if needed. Clearance issues with the "traction devices" for Yosemite? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

#30 ·
I have rubber washer installed with the tow shackles, so it hasn't moved a lot. I didn't need chains in Yosemite but I did use them recently when I went off roading in Big Bear. Hit a hill that was completely ice.... With the KO2 and chains, it did hit the front mudflap but barely hit it.

#24 ·
Wow - this looks awesome! Just the kind of thing to F with my color decision as I wait for my green Touring to arrive.

Things I really like:
Sport-Like Blackout on liftgate: is this the factory part, or painted/plastidip?
Sport/Black Foglight Surrounds: replacement part or painted/plastidip?
Front Grille: Looks like the sport accessory grille, but the entire surround is now black. So either a combo accessory + Sport model parts, or paint/plastidip.
Reduced Silver on side rockers and front/rear lowers.

I really like the green color I ordered, but it was borderline a little too "blingy" in my opinion with the satin mirror caps and chrome foglight surround.

Most of this won't work on my vehicle given the color. The things I might consider at some point are (1) sport accessory grille insert, (2) wrapping satin mirror caps in green, (3) TBD foglight surrounds - not sure what I could do with these. All black won't work, and the Limited ones are not LED....so likely nothing.

A LOT of this look could have been achieved easier by getting a white Sport trim, and changing the exterior orange bits and adding the accessory grille - No? But I assume the OP wanted the Touring content and leather interior.

#31 ·
#41 ·
Tony,
For the chrome around the fog lights, did you wrap it or replace it with the sport trim piece? If you replaced it or removed it to wrap, could you comment on how it is removed and put back. It appears to be a snap of and snap on part but I am afraid of breaking it trying to get it off.

#46 ·
Man you have just solved our dilemma! Wanted the Touring Model, did not want all the Chrome . Like the Sport, But not the Orange (although paintable fix I guess).
Wanted a Black exterior but then body color door handles would be needed. On ur white I actually like the Chrome door handles as a little bling to the mellow white, not liking so much on a black exterior . May change mind on exterior color now to white. Ur Forester is one of the sharpest I have seen, thanks so much for sharing!

#47 ·
Love the car there, great pics of Yosemite, etc …. Where did you get those graphics? Wife loves them...she said just needs a bear someplace …. :wink2:

Went "just looking" today, bought / traded up to white '19 Sport, we like the orange-ish-red accents. She wants to know … seriously, about graphics. :thumbsup:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.