1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On day 3 of ownership:
1. Critique so far: The front console shortcomings:
-The cup holders are too close to lid of storage compartment. If you get a Homer size drink it rubs against the compartment lid and if the top of drink isn’t on tight part of drink falls into the electronics.
- Too many electronics on console. Recommend placing in lower left side dash could use a soft key solution where buttons could have multiple functions.
2. Observation: My vehicle was delivered without much configuration done. No complaints there just review manual and setup as I will like it.
3. Evaluating cross rails to buy: Is there a Cross rail that will lay flat for loading plywood and with minimal whistling when driving?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Is there a Cross rail that will lay flat for loading plywood and with minimal whistling when driving?
I went with the CoreBar from Yakima. Previously I had the JetStream on another vehicle. The CoreBar has a similar aero profile so the wind noise is minimized. While the JetStream is arched, the CoreBar is flat. I'm sure there are many options out there beside Yakima but my only experience is with them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another Critique: Tried sitting in Back Seat my shoe size is 12. To get out of the car the front seat needed to be moved up to free me. 😜

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with the CoreBar from Yakima. Previously I had the JetStream on another vehicle. The CoreBar has a similar aero profile so the wind noise is minimized. While the JetStream is arched, the CoreBar is flat. I'm sure there are many options out there beside Yakima but my only experience is with them.
Thank You! Quickly looked at their site and it looks like a good source in the evaluation on what to buy. Found in the glove box owner’s manual bundle a Subaru accessory zine. Saw there are a spectrum of choices beyond just the one crossbar offered when I ordered the Fozzi.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
36 Posts
I know that eBay is selling an OEM style crossbars for $60 now. I used them on our last car(crv) and they worked great.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know that eBay is selling an OEM style crossbars for $60 now. I used them on our last car(crv) and they worked great.
Thank you!

Critiques:
1.) In middle of bucket seats on floor see there are 2 carpet ports. They don’t look finished and look cheaply done!
2.) Found if your not careful with FOB you can leave the car open, open back door or start the alarm! Need to find a solution to prevent this.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Found if your not careful with FOB you can leave the car open, open back door or start the alarm! Need to find a solution to prevent this.
Found a jacket for the 2 FOBs and ordered from
https://www.thejacketstore.com/store/pc/key-fob-covers-home.asp

Found the easiest way to instaell the jacket on the FOB:

1. Remove key from FOB.
2. Take the jacket and turn it inside out.
3. Start to place the wide end of jacket against the wide bottom of the FOB. Ensure the jacket holes are on same side as buttons of FOB. Slide the FOB into the jacket by working the jacket.
4. Once the jacket is in position properly exposing the buttons then reinstall the key. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Rubber band
523 Posts
@Osceolakidt00! +1. Have used this one on two OB's and now my Fozzy. One thing for sure it won't ever get lost in the black hole between the seat and console.

Fob.jpg

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine are florescent green. The house of pain taught me that life lesson well!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, found a crossbar solution from CargoLoc for $45 bucks on Amazon that I ordered and will see how it goes. Claim of the crossbars whistling maybe prevented by using aluminum tape to cover exposed channels on crossbar. I will try that.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
123 Posts
Found a jacket for the 2 FOBs and ordered from
https://www.thejacketstore.com/store/pc/key-fob-covers-home.asp

Found the easiest way to instaell the jacket on the FOB:

1. Remove key from FOB.
2. Take the jacket and turn it inside out.
3. Start to place the wide end of jacket against the wide bottom of the FOB. Ensure the jacket holes are on same side as buttons of FOB. Slide the FOB into the jacket by working the jacket.
4. Once the jacket is in position properly exposing the buttons then reinstall the key. :thumbsup:
Ordered a green and an orange cover from thejacketstore. They arrived within a couple of days. Good fit, nice thickness. Happy with the recommendation and product.

IMG_20190515_204214292.jpg

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Complaint: Front driver seat: Noticed last night that the seat frame plastic trim on driver’s left side is separating away from the seat! This is a disappointment for a Touring model!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts