Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my VIN today! I emailed SoA with my VON and asked to be added to the tracking emails; not certain that will happen, but at least I know my car's rough ETA and verified the dealer's claim. I ordered a Forester that was already in the pipeline, but not "built" yet. If anyone knows a bit more about the process, especially what happens at port and dealership before I get to see my new vehicle, please let me know!

·
Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,703 Posts
I just bought a sport and mine came with the cargo cover and was not listed as an option on the Package #2 that came with the car. Not sure what you mean by a "bit more about this process"??? The car, once built, comes over on a boat from Japan to the port. If you order any options that are not factory installed, then the port will install the accessories/options and then it gets loaded on a truck to your dealer. If the vehicle is coming with any packages on it, they, typically get installed at the port like my Package #2 that included Mirror w/Compass & Homelink, Cargo Net, Exterior Auto Dimming Mirrors, Rear Bumper Cover and All Weather Mats. It also came with Splash Guards and Rear Seat Back Protectors as ala carte items. Your receiving an allocated vehicle so your dealer should be able to tell you what's going to be included in your deal. If you do not order, or specify at the time of your order what you wanted added, the port does nothing but get your vehicle loaded for delivery to your dealer.

Hope this helps:smile2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure how it is in the US, but here in Australia. They update you with the location of the car. Mine is currently in the “water”. You get updated again if it reaches the port, reaches the dealer, maintenance checks etc ect. until it’s on its way to you. Thats as far as I know. And by the way, the lineup here is also different than anywhere else which is sad. We got the top of the line spec but dont have that saddle brown leather interior. Also no wifi connectivity.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just bought a sport and mine came with the cargo cover and was not listed as an option on the Package #2 that came with the car. Not sure what you mean by a "bit more about this process"??? The car, once built, comes over on a boat from Japan to the port. If you order any options that are not factory installed, then the port will install the accessories/options and then it gets loaded on a truck to your dealer. If the vehicle is coming with any packages on it, they, typically get installed at the port like my Package #2 that included Mirror w/Compass & Homelink, Cargo Net, Exterior Auto Dimming Mirrors, Rear Bumper Cover and All Weather Mats. It also came with Splash Guards and Rear Seat Back Protectors as ala carte items. Your receiving an allocated vehicle so your dealer should be able to tell you what's going to be included in your deal. If you do not order, or specify at the time of your order what you wanted added, the port does nothing but get your vehicle loaded for delivery to your dealer.

Hope this helps:smile2:
Thanks for the information. Yes, I was asking about the general process and locations of installs. I ordered a Sport with a few additions like the mirrors and such, but also the remote start OEM kit, which I thought may be a port thing. They already had a similar one in the pipeline for October and were able to send changes to the factory. I have gotten my VIN, which is a good sign, and approximate ETA. AFAIK I can assume the vehicle is in production and has a reserved spot on a boat. Here's hoping that I was added to the update emails!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure how it is in the US, but here in Australia. They update you with the location of the car. Mine is currently in the “water”. You get updated again if it reaches the port, reaches the dealer, maintenance checks etc ect. until it’s on its way to you. Thats as far as I know. And by the way, the lineup here is also different than anywhere else which is sad. We got the top of the line spec but dont have that saddle brown leather interior. Also no wifi connectivity.
Eh, it's not the prettiest looking leather I've ever seen. And as for the built-in hotspot, I'm note sure how your mobile carriers are, but ours often include hotspot in our phone data; therefore, it is much simpler and cheaper to use our phones instead of the built-in 4G LTE SIM card.

·
Registered
2021 Forester 2.5 Sports CVT, SI-Drive (S & I modes)
229 Posts
Like MY19 I've been tracking my Australian Preorder Premium Spec, from "on water" 12 Sept, "landed" 20th Sept and now waiting for "invoiced" which means it's on its way to the dealer. Hopefully by the end of Friday "invoiced" occurs and I can pick up the Car next week :smile2:

I even tracked the vehicle carrier from Japan "Western Highway" which just missed crossing paths with Category 5 Typhoon Mangkhut:surprise:

The car is only a few miles away at the port which is beyond frustrating :smile2:

Cheers
Ian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.