Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2019 Forester Sport over the weekend. I installed Yakima root basket and side molding yesterday. More mods are on order and to be added. MSRP at $33,011 and I paid $28,693, which I think was a pretty good deal. This is my very first Subaru and I like it a lot so far. I have another car so this is my perfect 2nd car for weekend trips and utility use.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Crosstrek
13 Posts
Just picked up my 2019 Forester Sport over the weekend. I installed Yakima root basket and side molding yesterday. More mods are on order and to be added. MSRP at $33,011 and I paid $28,693, which I think was a pretty good deal. This is my very first Subaru and I like it a lot so far. I have another car so this is my perfect 2nd car for weekend trips and utility use.
AMAZING DEAL INDEED!

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
28 Posts
Wow thats a good price. The 33k is with the $2000+ package with the power liftgate right?

I'm in the market for one and i just got priced at 28,600 and thats with the cheaper $795, non powerlift gate package.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
97 Posts
Are the black plastic pieces near the rear wheel wells the molding you’re referring to? My2019 Sport doesn’t have that...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Adding few more recent photos of my 2019 Forester Sport. These are all the mods I've done so far.
  • Lachute Performance Axle Back exhaust
  • OEM body side molding
  • STI License Plate Frame
  • STI Tire Valve Stem Cap
  • OEM Hood Protector
  • OEM Splash Guard
  • OEM Engine Under Guard - Aluminum (bit more expensive than steel version, but highly recommended because it's only 1/3 weight of the steel version)
  • STI Side Garnish
  • Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 tires with a full size spare in trunk
  • Yakima Offgrid Roof Basket (medium size) with Gerber axe and shovel
  • OEM non-sport version fog light housing
  • OEM round fog lights (with 3000K Yellow LED H16 bulbs)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Excellent mods to start with. Mind posting a sound clip of the exhaust? How does the subaru OEM bugshield attach? 3M tape directly to the body??

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent mods to start with. Mind posting a sound clip of the exhaust? How does the subaru OEM bugshield attach? 3M tape directly to the body??
I posted the exhaust sound clips in the Engine forum section. Check them out below. There are two video clips; one for cold start and the other when engine is warmed up. Once the engine is warmed up, the sound level drops significantly but you can still hear the low sporty sound.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Those videos are great thanks for making them. Is it boy racer during daily drive or barely noticeable? Cabin noise??

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those videos are great thanks for making them. Is it boy racer during daily drive or barely noticeable? Cabin noise??
You can definitely hear the new exhaust while driving city. Not too loud but more like low tone (and very sporty) exhaust note. On the highway speed, other wind and tire noise pretty much cover up the exhaust note. Overall I'm very happy with this Lachute exhaust. I was getting few compliments and questions when I took my car for 6k miles service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts