Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed that my antenna has a bit of a gap in the back gasket after a few weeks of putting the vinyl wrap on. Not sure if its maybe from the heat, but don't remember there being much of a space between it.

Anyone else with a 19' Forester have a small gap as well? I might need to just tighten the nut a bit more, but don't want to over do it. Haven't had any water enter the car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Mine had the same gap. Tightening the bolt won't help. Anyway the bolt is accessible by popping out the rear ceiling cargo light.

There is an inner seal just around the bolt grommet so it won't leak water in any case. I never found a way to totally get rid of this gap short of taking a hammer to the roof with the shark fin removed, which I did but it barely helped. Ended up with just a sliver of a gap at the back where I could just see a trace of light when looking across. I ended up putting a bead of black RTV gasket maker just inside the inner edge if the rubber base seal then reassembled. I can no longer see light. Hopefully no more green mold will be growing under my shark fin. All said and done I probably should have just left it alone.

How big is the gap on yours?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Not much, but if I look at it from the side I can see some light as you did. Maybe I'll just put a bead silicone under it as well. I can't remember if it was like that before I removed it or not.

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
4 Posts
I have a 2019 Forester that's about 7 months old. As I was washing the car, I noticed that I could move the antenna by pulling up on it, creating a 1/16" gap in the front of the antenna. At rest there is no gap, but it doesn't seem like a very watertight seal. I don't see any evidence of water leakage and we had a rainy spring season. Has anyone checked on this as a warranty issue?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts