Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
601 - 620 of 1983 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got a quote here in Michigan for a 2019 Forester Premium with All Weather package + BSD.
Market Value selling price - 30304 (I don't know what this means. Maybe MSRP ?)

Offered price - 27829

OTD price here in Michigan - 29744

What do you say folks ??

If this is too bad I can take that offer for Jacksonville @securityguy - Please let me know. I would like to spend some time in sun too !!

·
Registered
2006 Forester
34 Posts
Final price paid for 2019 Subaru Sport - White - Package Code 24 - Popular Package 2:

MSRP $32,717.00

Invoice $30,303.00

Price Paid $28,536.00 (Includes $500 loyalty certificate)

Out the door $30,500.00

Vehicle is being delivered to dealership (Apple Subaru in York, PA) today. Pick up scheduled for next week.
Just wanted to let you know that I picked up the car yesterday. The final out the door price was $30,476.31. I spent one hour at the dealership doing a test drive and deposit and a second one hour when I picked up the car and did the finances, tags etc. This was a fairly pleasant experience. My internet salesman was Spencer Brubaker at Apple Subaru in York, Pennsylvania ( Spencer Brubaker <[email protected] ). Apple Subaru will give you a good price, but will not negotiate very much (if at all). So, if you want a good price with minimum negotiations in PA and surrounding areas I would recommend you contact Spencer and mention my name. Also, Apple Subaru does not have dealership fess beyond taxes (6%), registration ($156.15), tags ($62) and local small fees for tire and York county ($5 each).

Good luck with your car search!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Northern VA looking for Touring

Dealerships in Northern VA are saying they do not have Touring in the lot and I need to order one with a 500$ deposit, how does that work? If I have to order one are there negotiations? Please advise. Thank you.

·
Registered
2006 Forester
34 Posts
Dealerships in Northern VA are saying they do not have Touring in the lot and I need to order one with a 500$ deposit, how does that work? If I have to order one are there negotiations? Please advise. Thank you.
Process is the same as if the car was on the lot. You get the best price via e-quotes and then start to negotiate with your dealer of choice. Once you get an acceptable price then you can factory order and provide a $500 deposit. Make sure the dealer identifies all fees, taxes, tags and registration.

The only difference is you can get the car configured exactly like you want and you have to wait to get the car (wait could be a few weeks or a few months):laugh:.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All,

We placed an order for a 2019 Forester Touring in Sepia with brown leather back in October and weren't suppose to take delivery until the end of December, it arrived in mid November as it was already in the pipeline. Anyway we ordered it with just about everything that didn't come that we wanted and began the bargaining.

Added options:
Rear view and side auto dimming mirrors with HomeLink
3 years of StarLink with auto start - better one
Seat back protectors, bumper cover, cargo net (separately)
Weathertech floor liners (just arrived yesterday - made a deal to get them when they became available Part Number: 441500-1-2)
LED inside lights (don't know if I like them yet)

I'm waiting on the extended warranty as you don't have to take that until 36K miles is up. Anyway, MSRP on the Touring was $36,305.00. We struck a deal for $31,880.05 and with tags (custom), taxes etc. went home with the Touring for $33,482.36.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
222 Posts
Fantastic deal I am impressed!

Hi All,

We placed an order for a 2019 Forester Touring in Sepia with brown leather back in October and weren't suppose to take delivery until the end of December, it arrived in mid November as it was already in the pipeline. Anyway we ordered it with just about everything that didn't come that we wanted and began the bargaining.

Added options:
Weathertech floor liners (just arrived yesterday - made a deal to get them when they became available Part Number: 441500-1-2)

I'm waiting on the extended warranty as you don't have to take that until 36K miles is up. Anyway, MSRP on the Touring was $36,305.00. We struck a deal for $31,880.05 and with tags (custom), taxes etc. went home with the Touring for :grin2:Great job any special vouchers or coupons applied? Where did u buy it? Did you have a trade-in? Did you finance through dealer?

·
Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #612 ·
Here is the Costco price for the car. (Forester Premium + All Weather + BSD package)
Invoice is- 27165
How much below should i aim to close ?
You want to shoot for $1500 UNDER invoice and settle for $1000 which is still a great deal:wink2:

·
Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #615 ·
Just ask your dealer to see it. If not, Edmunds and KBB should get you close to within a few hundred dollars.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
81 Posts
JMy internet salesman was Spencer Brubaker at Apple Subaru in York, Pennsylvania ( Spencer Brubaker <[email protected] ). Apple Subaru will give you a good price, but will not negotiate very much (if at all). So, if you want a good price with minimum negotiations in PA and surrounding areas I would recommend you contact Spencer and mention my name.
I've no problem traveling for the right car and deal - but this looks to be a pretty small store (based on total and Forester inventory).:frown2:

I've been contemplating for a month, but need to get seriously shopping and find a car! TODAY - thinking a Touring (U.S), in green or white - love the brown leather.

·
Registered
2006 Forester
34 Posts
I've no problem traveling for the right car and deal - but this looks to be a pretty small store (based on total and Forester inventory).:frown2:

I've been contemplating for a month, but need to get seriously shopping and find a car! TODAY - thinking a Touring (U.S), in green or white - love the brown leather.
Yes, the dealership is not very big. That is why I suggested PA and the surrounding area (maybe I should have said SE PA and the surrounding area).:wink2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All,

Added options:

I'm waiting on the extended warranty as you don't have to take that until 36K miles is up. Anyway, MSRP on the Touring was $36,305.00. We struck a deal for $31,880.05 and with tags (custom), taxes etc. went home with the Touring for :grin2:Great job any special vouchers or coupons applied? Where did u buy it? Did you have a trade-in? Did you finance through dealer?
Shopped prices and went to my local dealer in Maryland, Frederick Subaru, where they beat the best price I had by $500. No coupons or vouchers, just had them check on prices I had. They are ready and willing to get you anything in the pipeline or whats on the lot, personally I like getting one that nobody has been test driving. call them and ask for Grant, he's really a great guy to work with. I didn't finance this vehicle and no trade in. Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Touring

Dealer offered Touring for 35,500K OTD Price, in VA. The MSRP was 37,100$. Is this a good deal? VA has 4.15% sales tax and the dealer has 799$ processing fee.

·
Registered
2016 Legacy
6 Posts
Picked up my new 2019 Subaru Sport - Dark Blue Pearl
Package Code 24
Popular Package 2
Wheel Locks
Splash Guards

MSRP $32,970.00

Invoice $30,466.00

Price Paid $28,632.00 (Includes $500 loyalty certificate)

After dealer fee $299, taxes, tag, registration - Out the door $30,995.86

601 - 620 of 1983 Posts