Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2021 - 2023 of 2023 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Does the logic of expecting to pay up to $1000 - $2000 less than the invoice price hold up for the new 2020 models?

I was considering buying a used forester off lease, but given the price difference, I am now considering buying a new base or sport model.

I am located in NE Ohio
From my recent experience, and the other responses in this thread, seems like $1k below invoice should be easily doable. $2k might take some work depending on the dealer. I'd shoot for $1,500 below and make an easy deal with whoever is closest.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does the logic of expecting to pay up to $1000 - $2000 less than the invoice price hold up for the new 2020 models?

I was considering buying a used forester off lease, but given the price difference, I am now considering buying a new base or sport model.

I am located in NE Ohio
It really depends on where you're located. I don't know anything about NE Ohio but I do know that in NY, Long Island specifically, there is very little room for negotiation. The best I could get for a 2020 Sport with any package was at invoice. Most wouldn't budge past 500 over invoice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First of all, thank both of you for the feedback

In that case, given the variability of pricing trends by region, once I know exactly what I want and have a starting place for pricing, should I just prepare to email negotiate pricing (inclusive of fees, etc) with a few sales reps at different dealers within ~1hr of my location and be ready and willing to take the best deal? I'm not concerned about $200-$300, but $500+ is certainly meaningful enough to shop around

2021 - 2023 of 2023 Posts