Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1904 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought another Subaru today:grin2: 2019 Blue Forester Sport for my daughter. MSRP = $32,982. Invoice = $30,474. Price Paid = $28,474...$2000 off invoice. Went shopping today, not expecting to buy anything. Looked at the Forester, GMC Terrain, Honda CRV and Honda Pilot. The Forester was amazing...looks, comfort, technology, ride quality, quietness and more. Worked out a deal I couldn't refuse and wanted to get rid of her trade while the dollars were still there. Vehicle came with the rear cargo cover, cargo net, all weather mats, rear cargo mat, mud guards, compass mirror with Homelink and rear seat back protectors.

Now to call Luke for the Gold Plus Plan:wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just bought another Subaru today:grin2: 2019 Blue Forester Sport for my daughter. MSRP = $32,982. Invoice = $30,474. Price Paid = $28,474...$2000 off invoice. Went shopping today, not expecting to buy anything. Looked at the Forester, GMC Terrain, Honda CRV and Honda Pilot. The Forester was amazing...looks, comfort, technology, ride quality, quietness and more. Worked out a deal I couldn't refuse and wanted to get rid of her trade while the dollars were still there. Vehicle came with the rear cargo cover, cargo net, all weather mats, rear cargo mat, mud guards, compass mirror with Homelink and rear seat back protectors.

Now to call Luke for the Gold Plus Plan:wink2:
Nice! That dark blue looks great. Love that blacked out look. Not the biggest fan of those orange accents though. Wish they just made that part all black instead. Wish this thing still came with a turbo! Let's hope Subaru comes to their senses and brings it back lol

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^I don't disagree @Mcflip78...this wouldn't be my choice with the orange accents but I believe it's to attract the younger crowd and my 22 year old daughter just loves the look and it has the same color accents in the interior and the seat and dash stitching is the same as well. Definitely a sporty look designed to appeal to a younger generation. It does have two transmission modes...the "I" and the "S#". I was told not to use S# until after 1K miles but I was pleasantly surprised how peppy the 2.5 NA motor felt in "I" and the strong acceleration. Braking felt very solid. Not a fan of Start/Stop but my daughter doesn't care and it really wasn't that noticeable. The new infotainment is awesome and CarPlay works very well and as advertised. An overall beautiful vehicle with a great ride and much quieter than our 17 XT Touring on the new global platform.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks sharp, congrats!! and $2k off invoice for a '19 is a good indicator that deals can be had for others in the market too!
They are selling here locally for invoice and maybe another $500 off. I have purchased 3 Subaru's from this dealer and have had Ambassador events there too. I got this price because of my relationship with these folks and, as they put it to me, "you are like family to us". I don't think my deal is "normal" but I am confident that $1000-$1500 off will be doable before or after Christmas when the inventory begins to fill up dealer lots. My dealer just received 40 - 2019 Foresters and they are selling as fast as they can get them. If anyone is looking to buy and willing to come to JAX, I would be happy to help negotiate a deal for you as well. My neighbor down the street just happened to be looking at an Ascent when I arrived with my daughter and the GM of the dealership told me he'd do something very special for him on my behalf when he's ready:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the pictures of the blue (one of the colors I'm thinking about). Is it really that dark? Looks almost black in one picture. The color choice images on the Forester web page doesn't look anything like that! So I'm now questioning how accurate the web page is showing any of the 2019 colors. Seems like a great deal (although hard to tell without knowing the specifics of the trade-in).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the pictures of the blue (one of the colors I'm thinking about). Is it really that dark? Looks almost black in one picture. The color choice images on the Forester web page doesn't look anything like that! So I'm now questioning how accurate the web page is showing any of the 2019 colors. Seems like a great deal (although hard to tell without knowing the specifics of the trade-in).
Never mind. I just realized that the blue on the Sport model (Dark Blue Pearl) is much darker than the Touring (Horizon Blue Pearl). Didn't realize this before.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In the light, the Dark Blue Pearl is a beautiful deep blue that will not be mistaken for black. At night, the color looks darker but still has that blue hue.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks @aIRpeACE...was love at first sight for my daughter and I cannot tell you how many positive comments we have received over the last 4 days from friends, neighbors and strangers. The Blue Pearl with the Orange accents is gorgeous and the look is more aggressive than the 17-18 models. It appears very solid and the infotainment system is the bomb!

I was disappointed with the seats in the 17-18 and happy they did a full redesign on them for 2019 and dramatically increased the comfort. As long as my daughter's happy...I'm happy. I do love the Subies and they did an awesome job on the redesign on the new platform...I have not seen or read a bad review yet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just put a deposit down on a crystal white pearl touring with popular package #3, splash guards, and seat back protectors.

MSRP- $36482
Invoice -$33749

Price with Vip discount -$33074

Tina

·
Registered
71 Posts
2019 Forester Sport with Package 24 (Starlink 8", HK, RAB, Power Gate), Auto-Dim Mirrors w/Approach Lights, Rear Seatback Protector, Sill plates, Rear Bumper Protector, Splash Guards, All Weather Floor Liners, Cargo Net.

MSRP: $33,070
Price: $29,600

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Here are the details on my 2019 Forester order:

2019 Subaru Forester Touring KFJ-41
Crimson Red exterior with Black Leather interior
Additional options:
  • Footwell illumination kit
  • Auto-dimming mirror with compass
  • All-weather floor liners
  • Rear seatback protector
  • Rear bumper covers
  • Auto-dimming exterior mirror with approach light
  • LED Upgrade-dome light
  • Exterior and interior auto-dimming mirrors
MSRP: $36,351
Invoice price: $33,365

State document and licensing fees and taxes add $3291.35.
Total price is $36,656.35 delivered.

Expected delivery date is sometime in November. I used the USAA Buying Service to locate this dealer (Subaru of Spokane). I took the offer to my local dealer (McCurley Subaru), and they offered MSRP only.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just placed a deposit on 2019 Subaru Forester Limited:

2019 Subaru Forester Limited
Crystal Black Silica

PACKAGE: Option Package #32

Included Accessories:
Navigation System
Harman/Kardon Audio System
Reverse Automatic Braking System
Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror w/Approach Lighting
Auto Dimming Mirror w/Compass & Homelink
Cargo Net
All Weather Floor Liners
Rear Bumper Cover
Splash Guards
Auto Dimming Exterior Mirrors w/Approach Lights
LED Upgrade Dome Lights

MSRP: $34,584
Invoice Price: $31,898
Selling Price: $29,898

·
Registered
71 Posts
Expected delivery date is sometime in November. I used the USAA Buying Service to locate this dealer (Subaru of Spokane). I took the offer to my local dealer (McCurley Subaru), and they offered MSRP only.
You could take it to AutoNation, where everybody gets screwed the same way!

1 - 20 of 1904 Posts
About this Discussion
1.9K Replies
433 Participants
Forestadventures
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing