Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a short test drive in the 2019 top trim Forester.

I asked the salesman some questions and don't think his answers are correct or complete.

1) It has lane center! I was unable to test this. I believe lane assist in the Forester is just ping-pong between the lane markings.
2) The boxer engine does not have head gasket problem as it age.

I was a bit concern about the engine power and the CVT. During the test drive, they seems ok, no complain.

3) What about passing at highway speed?
4) Passenger commented loud engine noise in spirited driving.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
123 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
5 Posts
I just had a short test drive in the 2019 top trim Forester.

I asked the salesman some questions and don't think his answers are correct or complete.

1) It has lane center! I was unable to test this. I believe lane assist in the Forester is just ping-pong between the lane markings.
2) The boxer engine does not have head gasket problem as it age.

I was a bit concern about the engine power and the CVT. During the test drive, they seems ok, no complain.

3) What about passing at highway speed?
4) Passenger commented loud engine noise in spirited driving.
We have 2019 Forester Touring and a new Ascent Touring. Today I just completed a 275 mile road trip on a two lane highway. (First time driving on the highway) Passing was not a problem, of course it does not have the power of the Ascent. The Forester seemed quiet and conversation in the vehicle was not a problem from the back seat to the front seat... visa versa. The ride was not as smooth as the Ascent, however, it is not irritating. I have a very tall torso and I did not find the seat uncomfortable. Our elevations were from 2000 feet to 7500 feet. Hope this info helps.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
159 Posts
I like the lane centering on the highway - no it isn't designed to center and thus doesn't need you but it gently nudges (as if there is a hill and thus you drive down it. On the highway it does help but you still have to do the steering yourself.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Advance CVT
28 Posts
Mine has lane centering. at certain speeds my Forester steers itself perfectly in the center of the lane.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Advance CVT
28 Posts
MY20 e-Boxer has only lane assist, not lane centering.
I see. The JDM version has lane centering on all SK9 and SKE versions. It can handle steering very well, and does not ping back and forth at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts