Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Seems to only be on the limited and touring trims post January manufacturing dates.. I have a forester that was built in October and I have been to the dealer multiple times to try and get the headlights adjusted better. Wonder if the new ones are different light all together or if they are just adjusting them out of the factory different. I would like to know since I am
Still not happy with the projection of my lights. Wonder if Suburu will replace my lights so they are the same as the new ones

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i CVT
447 Posts
Seems to only be on the limited and touring trims post January manufacturing dates.. I have a forester that was built in October and I have been to the dealer multiple times to try and get the headlights adjusted better. Wonder if the new ones are different light all together or if they are just adjusting them out of the factory different. I would like to know since I am
Still not happy with the projection of my lights. Wonder if Suburu will replace my lights so they are the same as the new ones

Interesting. I don't know if it means anything but, my wife took delivery of a 2019 Limited in January, probably manufactured in November. The headlights are sweet. Visibility is terrific according to her and me, too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes they are great. I’m just picky. I live in area with lots of hills and turns. The cut off line is too low for the hills as I get complete darkness when in those positions. Also the driver side being lower than then passenger keeps playing tricks with my eyes. The biggest problem I’m finding is that U shape area of darkness caused by the led bulb is Very present on the driver side ... it gives me a big dark spot right where I wanna see.... the passenger side is fine though due to overlapping In the light Projection... it looks like the newer manufactured models that the Study is now giving the higher rating has a much farther projection on the driver side then The earlier ones Produced

·
Registered
2019 forester base
178 Posts
Interesting. I don't know if it means anything but, my wife took delivery of a 2019 Limited in January, probably manufactured in November. The headlights are sweet. Visibility is terrific according to her and me, too.
mine was built in Sept...base model...light coverage is poor unless you turn on the brights, taken to the dealer for adjustment....they say "its performing according to spec!" code for "we cant help you".

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lighting and vision are very personal. Halogen bulbs are easily replaced with LED. LED is as it is, with the sole option to add driving lights, or replace the OE driving/fog lights with more helpful ones. Both relatively easy to do. With the variety of LED lights out on the market, and the relative low draw, wiring is a snap. The issue with auxiliary lighting is to not violate codes. Vehicles are allowed to illuminate four lights on the front, two headlights and two auxiliary. This is why driving lights go off when the high beams are illuminated. Then, we get into each state limits on candle power allowed. Oregon, for instance, is a dim bulb state, with the allowable illumination candle power matching autos back in the 1950s. I have the numbers somewhere.

·
Registered
19 Forester cvt
73 Posts
Yes they are great. I’m just picky. I live in area with lots of hills and turns. The cut off line is too low for the hills as I get complete darkness when in those positions. Also the driver side being lower than then passenger keeps playing tricks with my eyes. The biggest problem I’m finding is that U shape area of darkness caused by the led bulb is Very present on the driver side ... it gives me a big dark spot right where I wanna see.... the passenger side is fine though due to overlapping In the light Projection... it looks like the newer manufactured models that the Study is now giving the higher rating has a much farther projection on the driver side then The earlier ones Produced
Haven't adjusted 'em, but according to a post some weeks back here there's a screw you can reach to tilt them up more. Agree on that cut-off line, that I need to switch the brights on if going down into a dip to see up the other side. Otherwise mine came adjusted okay. I always run with the fog lights on too, which adds fill especially to the immediate front. Part of the cut-off effect may be because what is lit is lit so brightly. Overall I prefer the LED headlights for that brightness, especially on dark, rainy nights.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Not sure what the issue is, LED and HID have sharp cut offs to keep them from blinding oncoming drivers. If this is your first vehicle with LEDs, I'm going to hazard a guess and say the issue is you not the lights. You just aren't used to it.
It's just the way they are.

The difference in trims is LED vs. Halogens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts