Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent $1030.16 on a genuine Subaru Windshield and $399.95 to have the eyesight re-calibrated. I bought this vehicle and traded in my Mercedes because of the high cost of maintenance and repairs. Subaru said because I have had my vehicle serviced at Subaru on shedule they would do a good will and send me the $400.00 for the re-calibration. I should have kept my Mercedes it was a much more comfortable ride. I asked Subaru if they wanted it back!

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
2,506 Posts

·
Registered
Sahuarita, AZ 2018 Forester Limited
2,816 Posts
Not just 2019 complaints but model years 2017-2018 as well. Seems like the complaints started when Subaru began using acoustic glass. There have been numerous threads on this, here's just one:

·
Registered
364 Posts
The glass is $600. And installation shouldn't be that much. Sounds like you over paid. We have glass coverage on our auto policy so it's really not the high cost of ownership you make it out to be. How much is your Mercedes windshield?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The glass is $600. And installation shouldn't be that much. Sounds like you over paid. We have glass coverage on our auto policy so it's really not the high cost of ownership you make it out to be. How much is your Mercedes windshield?

I never had a damage to the Mercedes windshield. No idea why, it was the big GL450 my husbands GMC Sierra 3500 HD has had repairs to his so it was not because it was bigger car. I have decreased my deductible so the next one will only be $100.00 out of pocket cost. Michigan has some of the highest rates thanks in part to the "NO FAULT" crap. I was trying to keep our cost down.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: Contacted Subaru and when I asked them if they wanted to buy back my car and give me my MB back, they did a good deed. I am happy with the response of Subaru.:)

·
Registered
Sahuarita, AZ 2018 Forester Limited
2,816 Posts
Glad to hear that Subaru helped you out. However, please file a complaint with the NHTSA about your windshield cracking, here:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts