Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am new here and I am new to Subaru. I just recently purchased a 2019 Forester Touring and my friend purchased 2019 Forester Sport together. I got the LED Dome package, thinking that it'll replace all the interior lights to LED which it doesn't. The trunk light and door lights are not LED. The license plate lights are also not LED.

I can't seem to find the sizes of these bulbs on the internet. Do you guys happen to know?

Also I notice that the 2019 Forester Sport comes with a rear trunk LED lights and trunk LED lights and the Touring does not (doesn't make sense to me). Do you know if I can purchase these lights from the Sport and install them in my Touring?

Thank you!

·
Administrator
15,398 Posts
I can't seem to find the sizes of these bulbs on the internet. Do you guys happen to know?
Thank you!
Is it that you know the size and cannot find a LED replacement; or is it that you do not know the size? If the latter then check the owner's manual.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
158 Posts
This one worked for me, i replaced my license plate lights and under door lights with these.

Yorkim 194 LED Bulbs Xenon White 6000k Super Bright Newest 5th Generation, T10 LED Bulbs, 168 LED Bulb, LED Bulbs for Car Interior Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights W5W 2825, Pack of 10

Got it on Amazon.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Yorkim-Generation-Universal-10-Interior-x/dp/B00JRE38EA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1542751315&sr=8-1&keywords=Yorkim+194+LED+Bulbs+Xenon+White+6000k+Super+Bright+Newest+5th+Generation[/ame]

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Touring Automatic
245 Posts
@17FozzieXT How do you get to the license plate lights? Do you have to remove the inner liner of the rear door?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
158 Posts
@copwriter No, where the cover is, you need to use a plastic pry to pop it out, i forgot which side but i think its the outer side it comes off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it that you know the size and cannot find a LED replacement; or is it that you do not know the size? If the latter then check the owner's manual.
Totally skip my head to do that. hahaha I did check and for some reason they don't list out the cargo bulb size. I'll just contract the dealer for this information. Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this one worked for me, i replaced my license plate lights and under door lights with these.

Yorkim 194 led bulbs xenon white 6000k super bright newest 5th generation, t10 led bulbs, 168 led bulb, led bulbs for car interior dome map door courtesy license plate lights w5w 2825, pack of 10

got it on amazon.
thanks!!!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
24 Posts
how difficult did you guys find it to be to get the license plate bulb covers to move? I see the picture on page 482 (thanks for that) which tells you to push outward then pull it out... but mine does not want to move.

There is definitely adhesive behind it and I am assuming that is to hold the actual fixture in place. But the cover does not want to budge!

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
291 Posts
The license plate lights are tight against a rubber seal. I find them difficult as well. I used a cloth over my fingers to get a solid push. I have up graded my license plate lights on both of my 2015 Foresters. They moved but with force.

Reactions: tobin

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
316 Posts
how difficult did you guys find it to be to get the license plate bulb covers to move? I see the picture on page 482 (thanks for that) which tells you to push outward then pull it out... but mine does not want to move.

There is definitely adhesive behind it and I am assuming that is to hold the actual fixture in place. But the cover does not want to budge!
There is no adhesive on the license plate lens housing. The whole housing comes out and then you would twist off the bulb connector from the lens.

Must push housing (from the side; as in left to right) for left lens (right to left) for right side lens. It will slide about a 1/4”-1/2” and pull inner most side of lens. Will start to pop out. Twist off connector and replace bulb. If bulb does not work the first time, take out bulb and twist it 180 degrees; it’ll work one way or the other due to polarization of terminals.
Install is reverse; insert the innermost side first( side with large tab) and push sideways to set the lens firmly and make sure lens housing is in the outermost position when done.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
24 Posts
There is no adhesive on the license plate lens housing. The whole housing comes out and then you would twist off the bulb connector from the lens.

Must push housing (from the side; as in left to right) for left lens (right to left) for right side lens. It will slide about a 1/4”-1/2” and pull inner most side of lens. Will start to pop out. Twist off connector and replace bulb. If bulb does not work the first time, take out bulb and twist it 180 degrees; it’ll work one way or the other due to polarization of terminals.
Install is reverse; insert the innermost side first( side with large tab) and push sideways to set the lens firmly and make sure lens housing is in the outermost position when done.
Interesting.. thanks for the additional info. I thought there was adhesive because I stuck a pry tool behind it and it made the sound of adhesive separating. Will give it another go and give it more sauce this time.

Edit: Got it! Thanks again all.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
316 Posts
Interesting.. thanks for the additional info. I thought there was adhesive because I stuck a pry tool behind it and it made the sound of adhesive separating. Will give it another go and give it more sauce this time.

Edit: Got it! Thanks again all.
No problem. Definitely do not pry on lens, rather just slide in inwards (towards Center Line of vehicle) and pull corner.
A small detail-prybar wrapped in electrical tape works perfect.

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
291 Posts
I find it odd that the 2019 manual says to press each license plate light module outward when the previous models all press inward (toward center of vehicle) That May be adding to the difficulty in accessing the bulb.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
316 Posts
I find it odd that the 2019 manual says to press each license plate light module outward when the previous models all press inward (toward center of vehicle) That May be adding to the difficulty in accessing the bulb.
+1 I tried it that way because the manual said so. Alas, it doesn’t work. Googled it and found a YouTube video of a 19’ bulb change and saw he pushed inward.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
4 Posts
I own a 2019 Sport and can’t seem to figure out how to change the little blue ambient light where the USB connectors are. Anyone know if this is possible? Seems odd that the outside and inside have orange accents but it’s a blue light.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Automatic CVT
1 Posts
I'm trying to upgrade to different color LEDs. There are some listed in the manual but the manual also says to consult the dealer for LED bulb types. I know can obviously take them out and see myself what I need, but hoping someone who has done it would be kind enough to post what type of bulb goes where, or maybe that will be my gift to the community as the new guy.

Anyway, thanks in advance

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
30 Posts
This one worked for me, i replaced my license plate lights and under door lights with these.

Yorkim 194 LED Bulbs Xenon White 6000k Super Bright Newest 5th Generation, T10 LED Bulbs, 168 LED Bulb, LED Bulbs for Car Interior Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights W5W 2825, Pack of 10

Got it on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Yorkim-Gener...hite+6000k+Super+Bright+Newest+5th+Generation
Hi 17FozzieXT: For the 2019 Forester, the original dome light is 12V-8W, cargo light is 12V-13W and license plate light is 12V-5W. Could you please tell me the LED replacement for each? Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts