Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had originally scratched the Forester off our shopping list because I'm 6'6" and have tried to sit in the passenger seat in a friend's 2018 but didn't have enough headroom. The seat is up high with no vertical adjustment. However, I just found out that the 2019 Touring has a height-adjustable passenger seat and with the seat all the way down it fits me. So this leads to a couple questions:

1. Can any of you comment on the overall comfort of the 2019 for tall people? How are long trips?
2. Are there any models other than the Touring with the height-adjustable passenger seat?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had originally scratched the Forester off our shopping list because I'm 6'6" and have tried to sit in the passenger seat in a friend's 2018 but didn't have enough headroom. The seat is up high with no vertical adjustment. However, I just found out that the 2019 Touring has a height-adjustable passenger seat and with the seat all the way down it fits me. So this leads to a couple questions:

1. Can any of you comment on the overall comfort of the 2019 for tall people? How are long trips?
2. Are there any models other than the Touring with the height-adjustable passenger seat?
I'm 6'3" and I recently bought a Sport. It has power height-adjustable driver seat, but manual adjust passenger seat, and no height adjustment for the passenger seat.

I fit comfortably in the driver seat and have the height about half way up, have tons of head room. I've sat in the passenger seat and I'm comfortable in it as well. You have 3 inches on me but I don't think it's that big of a difference in head room. I have a couple of inches between me and the roof in the passenger seat, but for you it might be different. I'd say sit in one at a dealership is the only real way to find out!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
25 Posts
I have a '19 touring, I'm 6' 10". I've never had a car that felt this roomy. Can't speak to the passenger seat, but it has extensive adjustability in the touring. I do have the seat all the way down and back, steering wheel up and pulled out.
I think I will bring a lumbar pillow on long trips.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
159 Posts
6'3" and have plenty of room - one of my most liked features.
But are all built differently so you need to go sit in one and see how you fit.

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
2,929 Posts
I'm 6'3" and test drove the 2019 Forrie several weeks ago and was surprised that I liked it so much. I have a 2015 Outback Ltd with power seats and fit nicely in it BUT, as I'm getting older, I am at the point where sitting up higher is a plus. I drove a Premium Forrie and it really was good......to the point that tomorrow's 2020 OB reveal will push me one way or the other soon. I much prefer the traditional instrument layout in the other Subes like the Ascent, Crosstrek and Forrie. I am NOT thrilled seeing the new tall display stack with virtual HVAC controls {as opposed to actual knobs) in the new OB and this may force me to go back to the Forester again, although a LTD model, I think. Too much chrome on the exterior of the Touring model.

Steve

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CWP/Brown 2018 Crosstrek Limited White/Gray
198 Posts
I agree with you about the chrome on the Touring trim. I'm 6'4", I ordered the Touring because I wanted all the gizmos, but I actually prefer the Sport trim, I like the red (orange?) accents on the outside and the orange pieces in the interior. But in the end the Touring had the options I wanted (basically everything). I could only test drive the Premium Trim (they didn't have any higher trim levels), but the seat felt fine, the interior very roomy, and about 8 inches of headroom. My main concern is horsepower, but the car felt good.

My wife has a 2018 Crosstrek Limited and loves it. Son in law has a 2014 WRX, daughter a 2015 Forester (was burning oil since new, at 72k miles they gave her a new short block! I was very impressed and it definitely made my decision easier.

Don't have mine yet, it's on the boat so maybe in a few weeks.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i CVT
63 Posts
I am 6’5” tall and tall in the torso. I have a 2015 Forester. I had to special order mine to have the manual seat and no sun/moon roof. With those changes there is plenty of headroom and without that there wasn’t enough room.

The sun/moon roof delete is an obvious addition to headroom for most people. The manual seats sit lower than the power seats do when adjusted all the way down.

I have over 95k miles on my Forester and still love the vehicle. I just wish the seat was a bit wider.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
7 Posts

1) Awesome. I am 6'7". First owned a '04, was one of the only cars I could sit in, albeit with NO sunroof. Just upgraded the '04 to a '19 and when shopping was initially disappointed that all trims except the base had a sunroof. However, with the seat adjustment, I fit with no problem. Now I have my new car and, for the first time, a sunroof!

2) No. But I am the primary driver of the '19 so I don't care. Wifey fits just fine in the passenger seat. If you really need to sit shotgun comfortably, you should check with and without sunroof and see how it is.

·
Registered
2017 Forester
131 Posts
Rented and test-drove a RAV-4 for a week.
Good quality product.
Drove the Forester once and was sold.
Reason?:
I was supposed to be tall and good looking and rich but they screwed up at the factory.
The wife and I are barely 5' 5" and we couldn't see over the hood of the RAV 4, but we see fine in the Forester.

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Forester 2.5
1 Posts
Can't help with the 2019, but, recently purchased a 2016 Forester, am 6'6", all arms and legs, can fit just fine, plenty of leg room, head room with ball cap on; able to sit upright with no problems.......

·
Registered
2014 XT CVT
56 Posts
I'm about 6'5" and have had plenty of room in every Forester i've ever driven. But this past February I rented a Rav4 for a month in California and found it very confining--as someone said: good product, but i'd have to add: not for tall people.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am 6' 4" and have a 19 base plenty of head room but the leg room and foot space in the floor can get kind of small and cramped after a while

·
Registered
2015 2015 2.5i Touring CVT
111 Posts
I am 6’5” tall and tall in the torso. I have a 2015 Forester. I had to special order mine to have the manual seat and no sun/moon roof. With those changes there is plenty of headroom and without that there wasn’t enough room.

The sun/moon roof delete is an obvious addition to headroom for most people. The manual seats sit lower than the power seats do when adjusted all the way down.

I have over 95k miles on my Forester and still love the vehicle. I just wish the seat was a bit wider.
Are you very "long waisted"? I am 6' 3" tall with a 34" inseam to my trousers and there is boatloads of headroom in my 2015 Foreser. But to maximize the legroom I should note that I have the seat all the way down and all the way back.

·
Registered
2015 2015 2.5i Touring CVT
111 Posts
I am 6' 4" and have a 19 base plenty of head room but the leg room and foot space in the floor can get kind of small and cramped after a while
Agree: for a guy with a shoe size 14, the floor space is indeed cramped.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts