Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the dashboard speaker grills off yet on their 2019 base to find out if there are tweeter wires in there?
I’d look myself but I’m layed up for the next couple of weeks and I’m chomping at the bit to get an equipment list together! 🙂

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
631 Posts
@kericks1991 Ive chatted with another member by PM and he said yes. There is also one wire harness under the passenger seat. This may be the input for the HK amp. But, I'm not positive on this at all.

What trim package do you have? The 2.5x has 4 speakers. All the other trim packages come with 6 speakers. So, I am very curious to know if you have the base trim with no speakers in the dash, but dash grills are there.

I have a post started that details more about the speakers and some upgrades that I am doing, but I have the Sport with HK system, for reference.

https://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f104/my-2019-subaru-forester-sport-let-modz-begin-792005/

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes.
I have the base with four speakers. I'm ok with the base. I'm looking at it like a blank sheet of paper so I won't feel all that guilty about ripping out the audio system and starting fresh!

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
631 Posts
Cool. Check out the Hybrid Audio Technologies Unity speakers. They are built to drop into factory locations on Subaru, Toyota and a few other modern cars that use a 3" dash speaker and 6x9s in the door. I am really impressed with the staging in this car. The U3 speaker has no tweeter but produces amazing highs. Charts are pretty impressive too.

·
Registered
19 Forester cvt
73 Posts
@kericks1991 Ive chatted with another member by PM and he said yes. There is also one wire harness under the passenger seat. This may be the input for the HK amp. But, I'm not positive on this at all.

What trim package do you have? The 2.5x has 4 speakers. All the other trim packages come with 6 speakers. So, I am very curious to know if you have the base trim with no speakers in the dash, but dash grills are there.
I'm curious if those tweeter wires are there, too. The base, 4-speaker '19 Forester does come with speaker grills in the dash. I had the dealer put in the Fosgate upgrade, which is a far better than stock. From the instructions, that kit comes with the wiring to connect its amp/processor under the passenger seat, implying the wiring wasn't already there for that. The Fosgate kit also replaces the front door speakers, which now have excellent frequency range, apart from the door cavities not being ideal cabinets for the bass. (It leaves the rear-door speakers; they still don't sound like much.) If the wires are already there for the dash tweeters, adding them would be tempting. But if it means having to run wires, I'm more likely to stay content with what I have.

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
631 Posts
Just look and see. Take a small flat blade screwdriver and pry up the left corner of the drivers side dash grill. Once this starts to come up grab it and firmly lift. There are about 4 press connectors holding that grill down. You won't break it, it is very strong and flexible. I have lifted mine out many times. Rubberish too, so the flat blade will not scratch it. See photo for pry location.

Report back about the wires.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
2019 base with base audio. Popped the grill off driver dash and there is a harness in there, presumably for speakers. Does anyone know if this is connected to anything on the other end? Or where the other end terminates if not connected (presumably to the head unit)?

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
631 Posts
2019 base with base audio. Popped the grill off driver dash and there is a harness in there, presumably for speakers. Does anyone know if this is connected to anything on the other end? Or where the other end terminates if not connected (presumably to the head unit)?
Cool.

You can always wire in any speaker to check for sound. My guess is that it is getting a signal and will play music. But, not sure if it will have a full range or high pass signal. That would be good to know and share with others.

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
3 Posts
The Subaru part number for the stock tweeter (mid-range driver) is 86301FL020. I'm curious if anyone has added the dash tweets...

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
631 Posts
That link is to an Infinity speaker. Very nice looking though. It will fit, but you will need to splice into the connector as the after market speakers will fit the hole but the screws may not line up and they will likely come with terminals instead of a factory connector.

I may be selling my HK speaker system. Not sure how well it will work off the factor HU without the amp. But speakers should be a direct fit in dash and doors.

·
Registered
2019 forester base
178 Posts
2019 BASE SPEAKERS and HU

Does anyone know the wattage of the door speakers or HU? I have been trying to get the service dept to give me the stats, but they are stalling. I may have to call SOA. Has anyone with Sirius XM noticed that even the base speakers sound pretty good with the SXM service, but with a CD or regular radio its underpowered and muddy? How can the same speakers sound so different just by using SXM?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I looked under the front right dash speaker cover in my 2020 Base Forester and found this connector taped in there. These appear to be for the tweeters, but I don't have a speaker to hook up and test. I tried my multimeter but am not seeing any significant voltage but don't know what to look for. Anyone have a suggestion on how to test before I buy tweeters to put in there? I was planning on going with the OEM tweeters all the higher models have to keep it simple. I don't need anything special, just don't like having the empty space!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts