Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2019 - Fog light install on Premium Forester?

('19+) 
28K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  TomS2609 
#1 ·
Did not get the fog lights on my 2019 premium forester. Figured get them later . Are they pre wired already? If i by the kit from subaru would I be able to swap the halogen bulb for an LED bulb?

#2 ·
I don't know what's in the 2019 but in my 2018 I swapped the incandescent out and put LED in and got a big improvement. I used Philips bulbs, but there are a few brands that make appropriate replacements. Get the ones that have the LEDs in the same position that the incandescent filament used to be. (I'm assuming the 2019 fog lights are like the 2018 ones.)

#3 ·
It looks like the vehicle is already wired up if you go with the kit from Subaru. I broke up the factory installation instructions into 5 parts due to file size; check 'em out below. And yes, the bulbs (H16) can be replaced with LED.

Attachments

#11 ·
If you're going to put an LED in place of halogen I would save the money from buying the kit and just buy these individual parts.

82501AG05B - Fog light relay
H4510XC500 - Fog light switch

hardware:

909310002 - x2 - screw/rivet
901000171 - x2 - bolt flg 6x21
902510032 - x2 - J nut M6

I just did this install with Morimoto LED fog lights and all the parts above. It was super simple.

#13 ·
If you're going to put an LED in place of halogen I would save the money from buying the kit and just buy these individual parts.

82501AG05B - Fog light relay
H4510XC500 - Fog light switch

hardware:

909310002 - x2 - screw/rivet
901000171 - x2 - bolt flg 6x21
902510032 - x2 - J nut M6

I just did this install with Morimoto LED fog lights and all the parts above. It was super simple.
Thanks so much for the feedback !
Im still not understanding why does one have to buy and install the Switch when i see the fog light option is already installed on the lights lever stick ?

#23 ·
Oh, it was that I could not find where to install the relay.
I looked into the main fuse panel and the fuse panel inside by the switch installation. I did not understand there was another fuse box under the hood ! I finally found it and installed the relay and ALL is well. I just thought there was some difference in the appearance of the main fuse panel between 2019 and 2020 models -- never occurred to me that there would be two fuse boxes under the hood.

Thanks for your reply. I got it figured out.

Thanks,
Mike

#26 · (Edited)
Can the fog light assembly (the fog light and panel/piece that holds the fog light) from a Sport, Limited, Touring be swapped out and swapped on to the Base or Premium??? Or are the front bumpers different so swapping wouldn't work??

NOTE: No, I don't want to swap bumpers. :)

#27 ·
I swapped the rectangular shaped OEM fog lights that came with my 2019 Sport, which was almost useless during bad weather driving. To use the OEM round type fog light, I had to swap the fog light housing too. I like the new simpler look and the nighttime driving difference is literally night and day....

Attachments

#28 ·
I swapped the rectangular shaped OEM fog lights that came with my 2019 Sport, which was almost useless during bad weather driving. To use the OEM round type fog light, I had to swap the fog light housing too. I like the new simpler look and the nighttime driving difference is literally night and day....
Cool!

What was the part number (or any other details) of the fog lights?

Did you have the LED fogs, or were they halogen (before the swap)?

No before/after shots? I know I am asking too much, just curious...

So you basically did the opposite of I want to do with my Base model. :)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.