Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
It looks like the vehicle is already wired up if you go with the kit from Subaru. I broke up the factory installation instructions into 5 parts due to file size; check 'em out below. And yes, the bulbs (H16) can be replaced with LED.
HI, I thank you for the 2019 installation instructions. They worked pretty well for my 2020 Forester EXCEPT for the installation of the Fog Light Relay. Can you help with the 2020 Fog light relay?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh, it was that I could not find where to install the relay.
I looked into the main fuse panel and the fuse panel inside by the switch installation. I did not understand there was another fuse box under the hood ! I finally found it and installed the relay and ALL is well. I just thought there was some difference in the appearance of the main fuse panel between 2019 and 2020 models -- never occurred to me that there would be two fuse boxes under the hood.

Thanks for your reply. I got it figured out.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can the fog light assembly (the fog light and panel/piece that holds the fog light) from a Sport, Limited, Touring be swapped out and swapped on to the Base or Premium??? Or are the front bumpers different so swapping wouldn't work??

NOTE: No, I don't want to swap bumpers. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I swapped the rectangular shaped OEM fog lights that came with my 2019 Sport, which was almost useless during bad weather driving. To use the OEM round type fog light, I had to swap the fog light housing too. I like the new simpler look and the nighttime driving difference is literally night and day....

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I swapped the rectangular shaped OEM fog lights that came with my 2019 Sport, which was almost useless during bad weather driving. To use the OEM round type fog light, I had to swap the fog light housing too. I like the new simpler look and the nighttime driving difference is literally night and day....
Cool!

What was the part number (or any other details) of the fog lights?

Did you have the LED fogs, or were they halogen (before the swap)?

No before/after shots? I know I am asking too much, just curious...

So you basically did the opposite of I want to do with my Base model. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cool!

What was the part number (or any other details) of the fog lights?

Did you have the LED fogs, or were they halogen (before the swap)?

No before/after shots? I know I am asking too much, just curious...

So you basically did the opposite of I want to do with my Base model. :)
H4510SJ000 is the part number for the round type OEM fog light. I bought 3000K Yellow LED bulbs from Amazon.

I was going to just swap the bulbs on my original Sport rectangular shape fog lights. However once I took it apart, the Sport OEM fog light housing is completely sealed and you cannot even change the bulbs. I'm sure dealer will be able to take it apart but it was so weird as I never seen anything like it.

Anyway I'm glad I swapped to round projector type fog light, which does so much better job of sending light through rain and fog. And trust me, the rectangular shaped OEM fog light is a joke and mostly a cosmetic thing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Anyway I'm glad I swapped to round projector type fog light, which does so much better job of sending light through rain and fog. And trust me, the rectangular shaped OEM fog light is a joke and mostly a cosmetic thing.
Good to know, thank you for your feedback and glad you like your upgrade, I might just follow your lead, since I am halfway there. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
H4510SJ000 is the part number for the round type OEM fog light. I bought 3000K Yellow LED bulbs from Amazon.

I was going to just swap the bulbs on my original Sport rectangular shape fog lights. However once I took it apart, the Sport OEM fog light housing is completely sealed and you cannot even change the bulbs. I'm sure dealer will be able to take it apart but it was so weird as I never seen anything like it.

Can you give us a link to the LEDS you swapped in from Amazon? I have 2020 Sport would like to do same mod. Is it plug and play with same wire harness it comes with? Any certain additional screws or fasteners needed to add the round lamps?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can you give us a link to the LEDS you swapped in from Amazon? I have 2020 Sport would like to do same mod. Is it plug and play with same wire harness it comes with? Any certain additional screws or fasteners needed to add the round lamps?
Alla Lighting 5200lm AL-R H8 H11 LED Fog Light Bulb Xtreme Super Bright H16, 3000K Amber Yellow
$29.99 set

It's same H16 type bulbs used by Subaru OEM fog light, so it's just plug and play. I didn't do anything to the car's electrical system or wire. The fog light housing PN is 57731SJ040 and 57731SJ050; left and right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used the h11 2800Lm in my 2020 premium. They work fairly well. Enhance the light just a bit. haven’t had any issues with on coming traffic flashing me. At the price for bulbs on Amazon I might pick up a pair of the 5200lm bulbs.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
16 Posts
I installed the Alla Lighting 2800lm H11 white LED bulbs. $25 from Amazon. They match the color of the factory headlights well. I couldn’t justify spending $160 for fog lights and I don’t want to be the dick blinding other drivers. I like the look and the little extra light during bad weather. On and Off pictures below

21 - 34 of 34 Posts