Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2019 Forester Touring since last winter. About 3 months after I bought it, The Driver side Fog light bezel (chrome piece that frames the fog light was missing. I had no idea why, since I don't go off road and drive pretty sedated. I ordered a replacement part, which cost me $70. and the new one just snapped right in.
Last week I noticed the passenger side was missing. I tried to order a new one from dealer and they are backordered with no date in site. I called Subaru of USA to complain and they gave me $150 worth of credit but, still having trouble getting the part. Yesterday they called me to say the found one on California (I live in Jersey) and are shipping it to me next week. Im guessing other forester owners have had this issue which is why the part is so hard to come by? Im just guessing here, but this piece(or any piece) should not be help in place with just spit. A screw or clip would go a long way to fix this issue.

Has anyone here had the same issue. I know crosstrek owners have complaned about the same thing. I wonder if its just on the touring and sport models, since they have the retangular fog light?

Rob

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
1,918 Posts
Don't have a 19, but a backordered part is usually an indication that they are being used.
You might want to check to see if there is a part revision. If not, since you have already lost 2, that will likely happen again. You might want to try adding a non-permanent adhesive or adding a fastener yourself to prevent it happening again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So this just happened to my 2019 Forester Premier. Not impressed, actually not impressed with the service department period and I've only had the vehicle 9 months. My husband was the one who noticed that the piece was missing and immediately drove to the dealership. The service department said "we don't have the part so there's nothing we can do". Pardon? Are you kidding me right now? My husband immediately asked to speak to the manager and said if they didn't order the part right away and cover the cost he would cancel his 2020 Subaru Legacy order (he's been waiting 2 months for it). The manager agreed to cover it and apologized. My husband is still having second thoughts about getting a Subaru but i'm really hoping this is just a one off situation. I'm starting to really miss my old Toyota.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So this just happened to my 2019 Forester Premier. Not impressed, actually not impressed with the service department period and I've only had the vehicle 9 months. My husband was the one who noticed that the piece was missing and immediately drove to the dealership. The service department said "we don't have the part so there's nothing we can do". Pardon? Are you kidding me right now? My husband immediately asked to speak to the manager and said if they didn't order the part right away and cover the cost he would cancel his 2020 Subaru Legacy order (he's been waiting 2 months for it). The manager agreed to cover it and apologized. My husband is still having second thoughts about getting a Subaru but i'm really hoping this is just a one off situation. I'm starting to really miss my old Toyota.
So far, it happened to me twice, once on the left and once on the right. Both times happend within a few weeks of each other, the first time, I was lucky and they were able to get the part in 3 days from another dealership (cost me $70.) The second time, they said it would take several weeks to get because the part had to be ordered from Japan.
This was not the answer I wanted to hear, so I called Subaru of USA and complained that I had to pay $70 (2x) for a piece that was poorly designed and the only thing that holds it on the car is pressure. One big pothole, or bump can cause them to fall off. Well they (subaru USA) were very helpful as to getting me the part within 3 days and also sent me a $150 credit of Subaru bucks which I put towards future oil changes. They also sent me a very nice Tumi bag,( I use for my laptop) which I was not expecting and was a very nice gift. However, it doesnt really solve the issue of these things falling off the car. So I bought some double stick tape and put that behind them. So far, its been several months and neither has fallen off. But I am sensitive to it now and everytime I park the car, Im checking to see they are both there. lol

The dealerships should really have boxes of these things in both left and right sides for the different trim levels, since they use nothing but pressure to stay on the car. I'm sure a lot of people are looking for these parts. lol

Moral of the story is, if this happens to you, just call Subaru to complain. they will get the part faster and you may get a free gift too!

Rob

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my 2019 Forester Touring since last winter. About 3 months after I bought it, The Driver side Fog light bezel (chrome piece that frames the fog light was missing. I had no idea why, since I don't go off road and drive pretty sedated. I ordered a replacement part, which cost me $70. and the new one just snapped right in.
Last week I noticed the passenger side was missing. I tried to order a new one from dealer and they are backordered with no date in site. I called Subaru of USA to complain and they gave me $150 worth of credit but, still having trouble getting the part. Yesterday they called me to say the found one on California (I live in Jersey) and are shipping it to me next week. Im guessing other forester owners have had this issue which is why the part is so hard to come by? Im just guessing here, but this piece(or any piece) should not be help in place with just spit. A screw or clip would go a long way to fix this issue.

Has anyone here had the same issue. I know crosstrek owners have complaned about the same thing. I wonder if its just on the touring and sport models, since they have the retangular fog light?

Rob
Hi Rob, I noticed the same on my 2019 Forester limited. In my case, the Bezel and fog light is missing. I had to order the parts costing me $70 for Bezel and $180 for light) getting it installed today. Who did you call and complained to? Can you share that number?
Vijay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts