Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I everyone! A few months ago I purchased my first Subaru - Forester Premier in black. So far I have been really happy with it, especially the fuel economy. This car is basically the same size/weight of my Santa Fe but literally gets twice the fuel economy.

I do have a few issues though and I am wondering if other have the same ones and if there are any solutions.

- I found this forum because I too just had an in-operational rear hatch - suspect from a drained battery after leaving hatch open overnight. I thought this car had a battery drain prevention on it?

- Engine noise. For a new car, this engine sounds very coarse when first started. Not at all smooth and quiet like most. Is this characteristic of a boxter engine? I also notice that when I shut her off, the sound of the exhaust cooling is like something from a V-8 from the 60's - snap crackle and pop. Oh well.

- my first CVT tranny and I knew what to expect. CVT is the way to go and I don't entertain the whiners that still need to think they are shifting gears and getting maximum performance. However, I am noticing something that is causing me a lot of concern. The car has 10,000 kms (6,000 miles) now and I find the transmission frequently "clunks" briefly during normal operation. Ya remember the days of a standard transmission and if you were in gear and costing them decided to give it gas, there was often a jerk when the power took up the slack in the transmission and drive shafts? That sort of feeling. Plus, I'm noticing what seems to be a bits of a 'chatter' when going up hills and holding a steady spreed.

- by far the most annoying issue I have is how the radio comes on when you shut off the car. If I was listening to bluetooth or USB and even if I shut the music off, as soon as I hit the engine stop button, the radio turns on until I open the door. I hate that!

- Wind noise from the sunroof. The bug deflector that pops up hisses too much at higher speeds and if you pull it down with the sunroof open, you get that air pressure pulsing that is intolerable. Anyone buy the deflector? Is it quieter?

- finally, passenger side mirror. I find it clicks when I try and swing it out to a position I like it at using the power adjust. I have to give it an extra push manually with my hand but the moment I go into reverse or the face recognition changes the settings, it just clicks clicks clicks. The only way around it so far is to set the mirror to a smaller angle to the driver, which in my case doesn't make it of much use

Well, that is all. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CWP/Brown 2018 Crosstrek Limited White/Gray
198 Posts
Sunroof, this is strange because I can drive on the highway with it open and get no wind unless I have a window open.

Radio, yeah it does that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What happens if you first open the door then stop the engine?
I noticed this by accident the other day when I did just that. When I bext drove, the map showed but the upper display showed "Audio Off". Normally, you hit the power button,the audio js muted. I've been unable to shut off audio, just mute it.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
191 Posts
If you're like me and use an external device to play music, set your sirius XM channel to 0. This is a blank channel and you won't have to bother with a radio playing after you disconnect your device or, if you use remote start, won't be surprised with music blasting because you forgot to turn down the volume beforehand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts