Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These tires are OEM on my '19 Touring. Last winter in New England was not particularly snowy. The tires were "adequate" when driving in slush, or with light snowfalls. There are very few reviews of these tires on the web. I would ask those with these tires who had a chance to drive though heavy snow last winter what kind of experience they had with the tires. I am thinking about changing out to Goodyear Weather Ready as the winter ratings are really good and I have had good luck with Goodyear tires in the past

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did well with fresh snow in South Lake Tahoe this past winter. Did not drive over 15mph with fresh snow 6in deep. CHP waived me through during a snow storm trying to get out. Truck in front of me at a stop, slid off the road...… (no joke) I watched it just slide down the road from one end of the guard rail to the other.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited CVT
156 Posts
This is when I wish Tire rack did tests from multiple categories in the same test. All-season vs all weather all-season vs performance winter vs full studless winter.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Why not just run real winter tires as there's no comparison. And what will you do with the Falken's? How many miles on them? I could be interested.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited CVT
156 Posts
All weather all seasons like the GY Weather Ready or Nokian WR G3 make sense if you don't have room to store a second set of wheels.
Not sure if they offer enough of an improvement in winter traction to use solely as winters, if you live in an area that sees a decent amount of snow. Again, it would be nice if Tire rack tested the different categories against each other.
Winters can be mild enough some years in SE PA to get by with all seasons.

·
Registered
2003 Forester
107 Posts
These tires are OEM on my '19 Touring. Last winter in New England was not particularly snowy. The tires were "adequate" when driving in slush, or with light snowfalls. There are very few reviews of these tires on the web. I would ask those with these tires who had a chance to drive though heavy snow last winter what kind of experience they had with the tires. I am thinking about changing out to Goodyear Weather Ready as the winter ratings are really good and I have had good luck with Goodyear tires in the past
Depending on how many miles you have put on the Falkens, they may be less than "adequate" this winter. Also depends on what the season brings. Think about this: would you feel comfortable sending your loved ones out in foul weather with those tires? If yes, then you are okay. If no, then act accordingly.

If space is an issue, get the all-weather tires. If not, get true snow tires. Based on where you are, seems like a good idea to make a change.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts