Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport - Ice Silver Metallic, Option pkg 24.
172 Posts
I wonder if I tried the 235/55/18 on the SK 2020 Forester if I would have any rubbing issues as pointed out by @Carl Couch ? Are the SJ and SK the same in terms of the wheel well specs?

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
17 Posts
Great thread. I was unaware of these until my preferred tire shop mentioned them. I have a 2014 Forester 2.5 Limited that needs new tires. The stock size is 225/60-17. It's mostly a commuter but want the added traction for the occasional off road and snow time. I would like to go slightly larger and keep the stock wheels. I am debating 1) keeping stock size 2) going wider with 235/60-17 or 3) going taller with 225/65-17. I am looking for the weight associated with these three to see the differences and then determine how much of a fuel economy hit I can take. Any input or links to find the weights (I didn't see them in the specs on their website) would be appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
Great thread. I was unaware of these until my preferred tire shop mentioned them. I have a 2014 Forester 2.5 Limited that needs new tires. The stock size is 225/60-17. It's mostly a commuter but want the added traction for the occasional off road and snow time. I would like to go slightly larger and keep the stock wheels. I am debating 1) keeping stock size 2) going wider with 235/60-17 or 3) going taller with 225/65-17. I am looking for the weight associated with these three to see the differences and then determine how much of a fuel economy hit I can take. Any input or links to find the weights (I didn't see them in the specs on their website) would be appreciated.

Tirerack has them on their website. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Falken&tireModel=WildPeak+A/T+Trail
225/60/17 are 27 lbs
235/60/17 are also 27 lbs
235/65/17 are 31 lbs

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
You will be fine that's not much of a increase overall roughly .5 inch and my 2020 Forester has easily 1.5+ in every direction of the wheel well. Also I put a 2inch lift and 235/60r 18 and have no rubbing what so ever plenty of room in the wheel well.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
You will be fine that's not much of a increase overall roughly .5 inch and my 2020 Forester has easily 1.5+ in every direction of the wheel well. Also I put a 2inch lift and 235/60r 18 and have no rubbing what so ever plenty of room in the wheel well.
Were you responding to me?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I wonder if I tried the 235/55/18 on the SK 2020 Forester if I would have any rubbing issues as pointed out by @Carl Couch ? Are the SJ and SK the same in terms of the wheel well specs?
The wheels are pretty close SJ 18x7 et48, SK 18x7.5 et45 (I think). I am pretty confident these would only ha e very very minimal rubbing if any at all @235/55r18

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
54 Posts
Nam J., we've had our 235/55/18's on our 2019 Touring with factory rims for about a month now, no rubbing, no issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
17 Posts
I went ahead and had these installed today. I went one size wider and got the 235/60-17. They look great, fill in the wheel wells a little more and there isn't any rubbing. From the tire size online calculators these are approx 1/2" wider and taller than the stock size. Driving them home they seemed very slightly rougher and louder than the car tires (General Altimax) they replaced. Will need to spend more time behind the wheel to confirm. Pics attached. Wish it was cleaner but that will come soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went ahead and had these installed today. I went one size wider and got the 235/60-17. They look great, fill in the wheel wells a little more and there isn't any rubbing. From the tire size online calculators these are approx 1/2" wider and taller than the stock size. Driving them home they seemed very slightly rougher and louder than the car tires (General Altimax) they replaced. Will need to spend more time behind the wheel to confirm. Pics attached. Wish it was cleaner but that will come soon.

Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail 235/60r 18 that I have ride smooth. I can barely tell the difference from the OEM's. Can't wait to give them a go later this month at Big Bear.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Automatic
6 Posts
Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail 235/60r 18 that I have ride smooth. I can barely tell the difference from the OEM's. Can't wait to give them a go later this month at Big Bear.
Any pics? I’m just about ready to make the jump, so want to see the difference between the 235/55 and the 235/60. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think you should go straight for the 235/60R 18 theat give you a 0.7in height gain and are XL tires. I am pretty sure the 235/55R 18's same Falkens are SL's.... If you plan to air down for offroading XL are better they add 2 extra plys to your tire wall.

Only the rear wheels look a little close but I have had no issue. Pretty sure my 2inch wasn't needed to fit these tires either and I can go one size bigger.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
17 Posts

After a weekend road trip up to the NC mountains with the new tires I can't tell any significant difference between them and the previous set of all seasons. The ride is comfortable and smooth and am happy with the purchase. And the kids think they look cool! Now looking forward to some snow.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts