Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,842 Posts
Oh, the WRX won't be a project car. I don't have the time, nor inclination, to mess around with project cars anymore. I'll buy either a used or new one (depending on the deal I score) and just enjoy it. I'm so tired of working on cars in my spare time. You know what I want to do when I happen to have a spare moment? Pick lint out of my belly button and watch the clouds.

·
Registered
2006 Forester 5-speed manual
169 Posts
Originally posted by Gulf Coast gal
Disengage cruise control manually until beyond the pinch point. I wonder how many fatal accidents could be linked to having cruise control engaged during a pinch point at hwy speeds, let alone while the roads are not dry?
So well put...

The last two fatal accidents I saw were both either caused by or exacerbated by the use of cruise control. Add to that all the other little 'modern features' that distract from driver awareness while giving the driver the impression he or she no longer needs to be aware and you have the recipe to undo the good done by safety belts.

I've posted repeatedly on this forum that these things are not assets, they are liabilities. They are things which would prevent me buying a modern car, I like to be safe and to be safe I like to trust my own driving. And I trust my own driving more when I'm alert because I have to be to cope with all the conditions.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
475 Posts
Well, this is an example of how correlation is not an indication of causation.

I drive like a small airplane pilot flies, with my eyes on the move to understand what is going on 360 degrees. The hundreds of thousands of miles of motorcycle riding reinforces these focused habits. I enjoy the added electronic and notification features Subaru offers because they supplement my effort. Cruise control frees my right foot for movement.

I anxiously await effective self-driving autos for those who are incapable of focused driving. Probably 80% of motorists today.

·
Registered
2006 Forester 5-speed manual
169 Posts
That should ultimately thin the population of that kind...

Unfortunately there will be some more intelligent beings taken along with them.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts