Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just picked up my '19 Premium and I was thinking of installing a dashcam. The manual shows some no-go zones as far as dash accessories go, as they may interfere with Eyesight - any recommendations on Dashcams and locations?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a Vava Dash Cam and couldn't be happier! I have it tucked up behind my rear-view mirror and haven't had any problems with Subaru's eyesight. I always thought it would be helpful in case of an accident but it actually came in handy when a mechanic CLAIMED they performed an alignment on my previous vehicle. Dashcam1.jpg Dashcam2.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. The dealership specifically told me to put the EZPass not under the mirror because of Eyesight, so thats why I assumed I needed to move a camera off to the side too. I have easy pass up in Passenger corner

·
Registered
59 Posts
ALSO interesting! haha I have the accessories on the "tinted" area of the windshield. The rearview mirror itself blocks a good portion of one of the cameras too.. :-/ I think I read somewhere there's a way to get a copy of what the Eyesight camera can see. We could also see how wide the camera's lens is.. I doubt its too wide.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Meh. I saw all that in the manual.. seems like a bunch of ways Subaru is covering their butts in case of an accident NOT prevented by Eyesight. I know my Eyesight works well.. as well as it could? I may never know !

·
Registered
225 Posts
My dealer places the inspection stickers just behind the mirror in the no go zone and said it's not a problem. Previous Subaru models with eyesight have shown a 4" space behind the mirror as OK to place stuff but for whatever reason they no longer show this.

I haven't had any issues with my setup. This is my cam installed over the dealer new car delivery (2019) inspection sticker.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine is right behind the rear view mirror. I have a pretty low profile tube shaped dashcam with no screen. Eyesight still works great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
darksands
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing