Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just picked up my '19 Premium and I was thinking of installing a dashcam. The manual shows some no-go zones as far as dash accessories go, as they may interfere with Eyesight - any recommendations on Dashcams and locations?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
184 Posts
I have a Vava Dash Cam and couldn't be happier! I have it tucked up behind my rear-view mirror and haven't had any problems with Subaru's eyesight. I always thought it would be helpful in case of an accident but it actually came in handy when a mechanic CLAIMED they performed an alignment on my previous vehicle. Dashcam1.jpg Dashcam2.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. The dealership specifically told me to put the EZPass not under the mirror because of Eyesight, so thats why I assumed I needed to move a camera off to the side too. I have easy pass up in Passenger corner

·
Registered
184 Posts
ALSO interesting! haha I have the accessories on the "tinted" area of the windshield. The rearview mirror itself blocks a good portion of one of the cameras too.. :-/ I think I read somewhere there's a way to get a copy of what the Eyesight camera can see. We could also see how wide the camera's lens is.. I doubt its too wide.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Meh. I saw all that in the manual.. seems like a bunch of ways Subaru is covering their butts in case of an accident NOT prevented by Eyesight. I know my Eyesight works well.. as well as it could? I may never know !

·
Registered
359 Posts
My dealer places the inspection stickers just behind the mirror in the no go zone and said it's not a problem. Previous Subaru models with eyesight have shown a 4" space behind the mirror as OK to place stuff but for whatever reason they no longer show this.

I haven't had any issues with my setup. This is my cam installed over the dealer new car delivery (2019) inspection sticker.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
33 Posts
Mine is right behind the rear view mirror. I have a pretty low profile tube shaped dashcam with no screen. Eyesight still works great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts