Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Sport with about 18k miles. So far the mpg display has been reasonable. Yesterday it starts varying from --.- to 99.9. I think it would have gone higher had it enough digits. No other issues AFAIK. I reset the A trip display, no change. Has anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
372 Posts
Bad sensor or intermittent connection. Time to see the dealer.

Assuming you're not confusing the real-time mpg display with the average MPG display. The former continually updates and can display 99.9 from time to time.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@boureesub It is the real time. However it has not gone to --.- at every stop or bounced from there to 99.9 over and over and over...before.

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
452 Posts
That sounds normal. In case of a problem, you can do a hard reset by diconnecting batt ground. Wait 30 seconds then reconnect. See if the problem resumes. If so, then it is likely a normal function.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds normal. In case of a problem, you can do a hard reset by diconnecting batt ground. Wait 30 seconds then reconnect. See if the problem resumes. If so, then it is likely a normal function.
If so then it is a new normal. It has never gone to --.- every time I stopped before. In any case I'll try the battery disconnect. Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like...no, this IS an I.D. TEN T. (Or id10t) problem. Either there is a ghost in my car or my hands have been multitasking behind my back. I apparently cycled the display without knowing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts