Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I heard noise from driver side rear door so I thought hinges need some oil. Couldn’t believe when I saw that the 2 hinge bolts are about to fall off.
40701FF3-D7C2-4C3C-9EF5-12AA57B83F5E.jpeg D48CEC37-E6D0-4B92-A3E6-26EE026B376C.jpeg
Has anyone experienced this before? My forester has never been in accident and has only 14K miles. I am panicking because they recently announced recall for bolts coming loose on rear stabilizer bracket. What else maybe falling off?

I am going to take it to my dealership and have fully inspected.

·
Registered
2001 Forester L Automatic
349 Posts
Egads... Having changed out hinges on other cars, I must say that sucks. If the dealer has a body shop I would probably ask that they inspect for proper alignment of the door to prevent wear on the door lock and striker. If the remaining bolt is ok, then probably fine, but worth asking for maybe. Would hate to see parts wear out prematurely or seals leaking because of poor alignment.

·
Registered
2015 Forester "Premium", 2.0 NA
58 Posts
I have NEVER seen that before, but I would personally use some high strength threadlocker and send those bastards back in (one at a time!)

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
100 Posts
I've not seen that on mine. I imagine the dealer will have to re-align the door so the seals all line-up.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Lineartronic® CVT
297 Posts
How well does the door shut and open? If "well", tighten them up.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,699 Posts
Tighten them up and move on...scheesch

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
101 Posts
Thanks for posting, just checked ours, they look good. I wonder if they weren't torqued correctly on the assembly line?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Update: I went in for rear stabilizer bracket recall service last week. I showed the service tech loose bolts. They said they have not seen this before with anyone and could not give a reason.
Checked alignment to be fine and torqued to spec. FYI, stabilizer bracket bolt needed to be re-torqued as well. Maybe someone is assembly line used defective tool or I slammed door too hard :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts