Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was upgrading my Cargo light with a LED lamp on my 2019 Forester, when the circuit went dead.
I removed the offending LED lamp and re-installed the original incandescent lamp.
Now I can't re-activate the circuit. I looked for a fuse, but found none that was marked dome light or map light or cargo light. All these lamps are now inoperative.
I looked at fuses marked "ACC", "Lamp IG", "ILLUMI" and "ILLUMI (DCDC)". All were in good condition.
Is there a fuse for the interior lights?
How is it labelled?
Is it possible I blew out some intelligent module that dims the interior lights after closing the door?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
1,092 Posts
@gearhead4 - Hopefully you see this.

Can you tell me which LED you used to replace your cargo light?

The OEM cargo bulb uses 13 watts and that's a lot to ask of a battery over a couple winter days. I inadvertently bumped the cargo switch moving a snowblower. That makes twice something like this has happened; the time before my knucklehead dog turned on the LED dome light. Guess I need switch guards, like in aircraft or space capsules.

I'm currently looking at the Diode Dynamics 194 series bulbs, but haven't yet removed the OEM bulb to check physical size and Diode Dynamics hasn't posted what size bulb is appropriate. Wondering if Autozone has something on their shelves.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
1,092 Posts
think I can proceed based on info in this thread...

Looks like the Diode Dynamics 194 series will work for the cargo area. Others successfully used bulbs from Yorkim. Wondering now if the local parts stores might have anything on the shelf.

·
Registered
2020 Outback
74 Posts
@gearhead4 - Hopefully you see this.

Can you tell me which LED you used to replace your cargo light?

The OEM cargo bulb uses 13 watts and that's a lot to ask of a battery over a couple winter days. I inadvertently bumped the cargo switch moving a snowblower. That makes twice something like this has happened; the time before my knucklehead dog turned on the LED dome light. Guess I need switch guards, like in aircraft or space capsules.

I'm currently looking at the Diode Dynamics 194 series bulbs, but haven't yet removed the OEM bulb to check physical size and Diode Dynamics hasn't posted what size bulb is appropriate. Wondering if Autozone has something on their shelves.

Since the LED lamp I used blew the fuse, I immediately removed it and discarded it. I now continue to use the factory incandescent lamp.

gearhead4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts