Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
I wanted to post back an update on my PCV & Catch Can install.
PCV taken out of my Sport looks identical to the new PCV (11810AA200).
FC2204DF-0871-47F7-B1BA-EBE37E1395BD.jpeg

Cannot see any difference between the two.
Build Date: 10/18
Purchase Date: 12/18
46285896-4D52-4FBB-BB28-E31D74DD57C3.jpeg

·
Registered
117 Posts
It’s a lease, but I’m gonna be way over miles and will probably have to buy it out at the end.

I’m allotted 1,000 miles a month and will be around 17,000 miles at 10 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Subaru offers 10,12,15,18 and 20k miles Leases... It’s was your choice to select 12k option...

·
Registered
259 Posts
I wanted to post back an update on my PCV & Catch Can install.
PCV taken out of my Sport looks identical to the new PCV (11810AA200).
View attachment 524430
Cannot see any difference between the two.
Build Date: 10/18
Purchase Date: 12/18
View attachment 524431
The stencil lettering looks different. Doesn't look stamped. Mine both looked like the one on the left. hrmmm Probably nothing. Still haven't seen a failed one.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The stencil lettering looks different. Doesn't look stamped. Mine both looked like the one on the left. hrmmm Probably nothing. Still haven't seen a failed one.
Yes, the new PCV had a darker, thicker lettering. Only difference. I used a micrometer and all measurements are identical.
Perhaps the PCV’s that have had issues were from a bad batch and not necessarily a complete different part number (shape/size).
That would somewhat explain why the PCV’s all look identical. But who knows.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Likely a difference would be an internal design change.
Maybe to prevent the valve coming apart and spewing parts and oil into the engine.
They DO have different part numbers...
It would be highly unusual to change a component part number when there isn't any difference.

·
Registered
298 Posts
@DragonSubie7 As mentioned before, it would be nice to see a failed PCV (thought someone posted pics of the failed pieces).
Visually there is not a difference. Perhaps a spring design change or a different shaped/sized pintle but the outside looks the same.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
@Whitesc
Maybe it would be nice, but the parts would need to be sawed in half to see anything, and their destruction in that process could hide a difference.
Like I said, manufacturers don't issue a new part number because nothing was changed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
First thanks for everything thusfar but a long way to go. Sorry it took me song long to post I'm the original poster of this thread been horribly busy. Build date of our Forester 9/18. Yup one of the early ones. Thanks for all the posts recently. I am making an appointment tomorrow at dealer for when I return from a bus. TRIP in a couple weeks. I will request that they drop the CAT etc. and replace all compromised components from this leaked oil infusion. IMO based on others here who's dealers went far beyond mine in resolving I should be entitled to far more than I got on my only service. No idea if future problems will involve the engine but you never know long term. I paid for my 7/100k at purchase and am seeking reimbursement and free warranty based on failure. I have contacted the SOA Rep. Liam McCorry who was assigned my original case. I intend on staying at the dealership and watching the whole process. We'll see how that goes!

Best, Joe

Attachments

81 - 90 of 90 Posts