Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forum but haven't found much. I have a 2019 Forester Touring and am looking to monitor my CVT temperature with an iOS device. Can anyone recommend a reader/app combo that works with iPhone or iPad? Is there even a CVT temp monitor that reads the actual temperature?

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport/2018 Crosstrek Prem
217 Posts
I have a BAFX wifi obd2 reader and paid $15 for active obd for iOS. BAFX Bluetooth will not work/connect with my iPhone. I have the BAFX Bluetooth obd2 reader too. But it is connected to my android tablet. It will read cvt temp and couple other car parameters. Or look up other Bluetooth obd2 reader on Amazon.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
997 Posts
A Scan Gauge 2 will also do the trick, as will the iPhone app, Car Scanner Elm OBD2 (free and uses Bluetooth). I use car scanner, but might give Active OBD a whirl if they come out with a Bluetooth version.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring CVT7
268 Posts
Active OBD for IOS been out for some time now ... bluetooth and WIFI support .. oil temps look fine , but no AWD data

also have Autel MaxiAP AP200 , profiles not updated for 2019+ but you can use MY18 subaru crosstrek , and see a lot of live data , most i have seen for any tool under $80

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
997 Posts
I downloaded ActiveOBD for iOS (the free version) today and it worked fine with the VeePeak OBDCheck BLE+ adapter

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i
19 Posts
@boureesub do you unplug the veepeak after each ride or do you leave it plugged in? I’m just wondering if it drains the battery. Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
997 Posts
I normally do not leave it plugged in, but did leave it in for 3-4 days when I first got it with no ill effect. I'd have to measure the parasitic current (dark current, as Subaru calls it) to have a conclusive answer. My hunch is it does not, but I've no good basis for that.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5fi CVT
32 Posts
I've searched the forum but haven't found much. I have a 2019 Forester Touring and am looking to monitor my CVT temperature with an iOS device. Can anyone recommend a reader/app combo that works with iPhone or iPad? Is there even a CVT temp monitor that reads the actual temperature?
Am I missing something? On my 2017 2.5fi the triple meter display will show CVT temperature in Fahrenheit in the right hand spot.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I am using an OBDLink LX with Android and it won’t display CVT temperature on ActiveOBD. Thoughts?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts