Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a photo/pdf on changing / filling CVT oil, if it is on the drivers side, the exhaust make it hard to get to the torx plug

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring CVT
1,103 Posts
And then dont attempt…
Imo thats a dealer only area as its not as simple as filling it till it drips out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Forester Base Model CVT 2.5 L
4 Posts
on Passenger Side of CVT ( USA model ) , there is plug similar to Driver side about same height I wonder if this is also Fill Plug ?

anybody know ?

this is question, not answer.

picture from 2019 Forester Base Model

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i Tour CVT
313 Posts
on a 2.5 NA Forester - the fill plug for CVT is on the driver side. The passenger side has the same plug but it is for the front differential

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
611 Posts
That is Not the cvtf fill plug in your photo. Drivers side close to the top. There are YT videos showing the cvtf fill plug location. The fill procedure is somewhere here on the forum. I’ll look for the pdf.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Base Model CVT 2.5 L
4 Posts
thanks for reply.
2019 Forester has exhaust pipe going through Driver's side ( USA model ) of CVT, while older Forester 2014-2018 exhaust pipe was going through passenger side , so getting to CVT fill plug similar to 2014-2018 Forester model is little more difficult, while making access to Front Differential FILL easier on 2019 model.

I found you tube video link below , where he fill Crostrek or Outback from Passenger side, and his car seems to have exhaust pipe going through Driver's side like 2019 Forester, so I was wondering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts