Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
317 Posts
tjdunlap

Did you not test drive the vehicle prior to purchase? If using the Adaptive Cruise Control, one would not need to constantly adjust in 1 mph increments. I rather like the fact that I can set the cruise to 49 in a 45 zone and when it changes to 50 I can just adjust it two clicks to 55.
Speed limit signs are in 5mph increments mostly and thus is the reason I think it’s quite nice not to have to click 5 times to reach the next speed zone.
Also, you do know that you can just press the gas to reach a new specific speed and hit set or cancel cruis and slow down to specific speed.
Overall, you have to get use to it because it’s in your vehicle now and there’s nothing that the engineers will do to fix it; it’s not broke.

· Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
317 Posts
On my 2019 Touring, setting the ACC speed with the "RES/SET" switch increases or decreases the set speed by 5 MPH if the speed is already set at a multiple of 5 MPH. If it's set at something more or less than a 5 MPH increment (as with pushing "SET" when the actual speed is, say, 23 MPH), then the switch increases or decreases to the next 5 MPH increment. I can change the speed settings very quickly with this method.
+1 I like the way it works now. Don’t know why people are so obsessed with 1-click 1mph increments.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.