Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are others being treated for this issue ?, is there a TSB for this
first off took me a while to realize after changing to high Q usb cables,
still my Android Auto and Thumb Drive vis usb port drop out after 30-60 minutes after reestablishing connection drops out every 5 minutes.
my Dealership knows of this issue, I voiced my frustration with this problem and the service managers response was "well when we depend on technology and it does not work that can happen o_O
not to mention he slammed "social media for misinformation" I had mentioned I was part of this Forum
calling Subaru customer Service tomorrow. he will not call me back after saying "I don't forget my customers" been 4 days
thanks sry for the rant :)

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CWP/Brown 2018 Crosstrek Limited White/Gray
205 Posts
hate to tell you this, but it's probably your phone. When I first got my Forester, I was so looking forward to android auto. It didn't work correctly (I'm a retired IT guy), I started hunting for the answer. Everytime I'd see something about it I'd try it. Finally I realized that I wasn't seeing any threads on this forum about AA problems. So I posted (like you're doing now), I got one reply from someone saying he had the same phone as me (Samsung S9 Note) and the same car as me and it worked perfectly. So that left the phone, I knew they'd tell me to do a factory reset and I didn't want to do that yet.

I have a Touring with the HK audio system. In my case it was some app on my phone waking up, but my issue was totally different than yours. Try shutting down various apps, what kind of phone do you have?

·
Registered
71 Posts
My s9+ works great zero issues. The last Android auto update put a small window on the bottom to control another app too music or phone for example so you can keep Waze up while changing songs or basic phone options. You can swap back and forth easily with the two apps with out using the buttons or normal car buttons... So nice.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CWP/Brown 2018 Crosstrek Limited White/Gray
205 Posts
My s9+ works great zero issues. The last Android auto update put a small window on the bottom to control another app too music or phone for example so you can keep Waze up while changing songs or basic phone options. You can swap back and forth easily with the two apps with out using the buttons or normal car buttons... So nice.
I agree, some lament the loss of those little cards, I personally hated them. I much prefer the updated version, has it been released?

I use waze and rocket audio (google play couldn't handle the amount of music I have on my phone).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts