Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone,

I just got a 12v dometic portable fridge (cfx50w). When connected to the 12v outlet in the cargo area as soon as the compressor kicks in the fridge power is lost for a second. The fridge then powers up again but won't run and cool to the desired temperature. The car battery is good and power is at 12.67V. The fridge as an under voltage protection but it is set to 11.4V. The fridge as no issues as it works fine connected to an external deep cycle battery.

Do the forester 2019 have something special preventing this fridge to work on accessory? (because of autostart stop feature perhaps). Also is there a how to to get constant current to the cargo area? I have found several howtos but for older models.

Thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Limited CVT
910 Posts
According to the specs for the CFX 50 W, it draws 7.8 A. There will be a voltage drop along the relatively thin wiring going from the engine compartment to the cargo area, and more voltage drop in the lighter socket connection. The wiring to the cargo area may not even be designed to provide that much current on a continuous basis.

·
Registered
2018 Forester
1 Posts
Hi Everyone
First post. I have the same problem. Just went on first trip with fridge (ya no more messing with ice) it seems to turn off on low idle. I will post more when I learn more.

·
Administrator
17,266 Posts
^ while this is the optimum solution it is generally not the "only" solution.

@subiekurt what model Foz do you have? Have you checked the threads re providing permanent supply?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts