Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I change the current location for the weather display on my 2019 Forester
It shows Hamilton, but my current location is a different city in ON, Canada

·
Registered
30 Posts
The weather location that displays on the color multi-function display can be changed by changing the top-most weather location within the Travel Link app on the touchscreen. Even though you can set multiple locations in the Travel Link app, only the top most location shows on the color multi-function display.

Check out the Starlink Multimedia Display manual that came with your car. It has a few more details in there on setting it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Only 1 of the 543,235 complex and difficult to figure out functions on the new displays - the fact that there are multiple manuals doesn't help. I've been in the computer business my whole grown up life so it isn't that I don't understand technology.
It would be great if there were - a "quick answer" section that specifically did things such as how do I change weather location - a great opportunity for someone to write and sell a how to manual

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The weather location that displays on the color multi-function display can be changed by changing the top-most weather location within the Travel Link app on the touchscreen. Even though you can set multiple locations in the Travel Link app, only the top most location shows on the color multi-function display.

Check out the Starlink Multimedia Display manual that came with your car. It has a few more details in there on setting it.
I tried with multiple locations, still it shows the same when I click on the info tab

·
Registered
118 Posts
[QUOTE="MaineJon, post: 7567674, member:
It would be great if there were - a "quick answer" section that specifically did things such as how do I change weather location - a great opportunity for someone to write and sell a how to manual.
[/QUOTE]

“Subaru For Dummies”? :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a similar problem my dealer has not been able to fix.
I bought the 2019 Forester Touring fro a dealer in Connecticut, I live in New York, to location of weather always defaults to
BE452848-43CB-457E-921F-DE4F075BD0D7.jpeg

Connecticut.
in this image I am actually located about three miles from my home in New York and set up a TomTom route to my home yet the weather
BACA7FF0-4656-4C1F-BC6F-C0CDAD26040B.jpeg
shows start and arrive in Connecticut.
BE452848-43CB-457E-921F-DE4F075BD0D7.jpeg

I am not sure how many images uploaded as I am doing this post on a phone.
in the secon image the key to this problem is shown next to the map pin, no matter where you are actually located if you touch the current location the system defaults back to Connecticut. This line can not be deleted.
anybody have a clue?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a similar problem my dealer has not been able to fix.
I bought the 2019 Forester Touring fro a dealer in Connecticut, I live in New York, to location of weather always defaults to
View attachment 524113 View attachment 524113
Connecticut.
in this image I am actually located about three miles from my home in New York and set up a TomTom route to my home yet the weather View attachment 524114 shows start and arrive in Connecticut.
View attachment 524113
I am not sure how many images uploaded as I am doing this post on a phone.
in the secon image the key to this problem is shown next to the map pin, no matter where you are actually located if you touch the current location the system defaults back to Connecticut. This line can not be deleted.
anybody have a clue?
I’m having the same problem! .. never changes to NYC even when literally IN the city lol I think it’s something to do with Sirius because I have seen the weather city change when driving to other locations.. just not to NYC and neighboring area

·
Registered
20 Posts
We've had this issue since Day 1 of taking delivery in April.

Subaru claims it's a Sirius issue, Sirius claims it's a Subaru issue, dealer has no idea.

We've basically given up on any resolution of the issue at this point.

·
Registered
105 Posts
EDIT: I realized I posted on this thread twice... Oops.

I also have the issue where the weather wont change to the correct city. Gone through all the steps like in the video but nothing. I do notice however that on road trips, it will accurately change to cities more north of me. That leads me to believe its a SiriusXM Travel Link issue because it changes.. It's kind of crazy this little problem is so hard to fix. I literally work in Yonkers NY, one of the cities you're able to select, and it always shows me Stanford, CT.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was able to change the weather location with these steps:

Apps - > TravelLink -> Weather -> Locations (upper right button)

Then +Add new location (go through location selection steps).
After adding the new location, tap the gear on left, then delete any unwanted location (which was NYC for me).

It took a little bit of time to update on the displays in the upper screen. Long enough that I didn't think it worked and was going to figure out later, but then it started displaying the right location. It may have been the next time I started my car, unfortunately I don't remember when exactly it started showing the right location. I do remember that it showed no location in the upper screen for a little while, as well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was able to change the weather location with these steps:

Apps - > TravelLink -> Weather -> Locations (upper right button)

Then +Add new location (go through location selection steps).
After adding the new location, tap the gear on left, then delete any unwanted location (which was NYC for me).

It took a little bit of time to update on the displays in the upper screen. Long enough that I didn't think it worked and was going to figure out later, but then it started displaying the right location. It may have been the next time I started my car, unfortunately I don't remember when exactly it started showing the right location. I do remember that it showed no location in the upper screen for a little while, as well.

View attachment 524812
I find it interesting that on your "Location" screen you don't have an option that says "Current location." On mine, thats the top most option below "Add new location."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts