Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Forester Premium
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2019 Forester allows the clock to be set manually or "automatic". I chose automatic, but the clock setting stopped and I could not figure out why. Turns out the STARLINK app is required for the automatic clock setting to function. I did not find that in any of the manuals or forums, but rather ran out of other options to try. I loaded the STARLINK application when I got the vehicle, but decided it was not needed; turns out it is for the automatic clock to function.

·
Registered
2019 forester touring
48 Posts
I just looked online at the Premium manual and it's the same page number and info. I have the Touring. So if you don't have Nav, then it sounds like once your smartphone is paired , it will keep the time updated automatically.

·
Registered
2017 Forester CVT
61 Posts
I just looked online at the Premium manual and it's the same page number and info. I have the Touring. So if you don't have Nav, then it sounds like once your smartphone is paired , it will keep the time updated automatically.
Correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Forester, Touring CVT
137 Posts
The 2019 Forester allows the clock to be set manually or "automatic". I chose automatic, but the clock setting stopped and I could not figure out why. Turns out the STARLINK app is required for the automatic clock setting to function. I did not find that in any of the manuals or forums, but rather ran out of other options to try. I loaded the STARLINK application when I got the vehicle, but decided it was not needed; turns out it is for the automatic clock to function.
If you using an iPhone do this to get the automatic settings to work on a non-Nav HU. On your iPhone go into Settings -> Bluetooth then select the "i" to the right of for your vehicle. Then make sure "Show Notifications" is on (green).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts