Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport
23 Posts
This is totally an annoyance, I agree. I also just hate having a bunch or cords everywhere (one cord does amount to "a bunch" for me lol). The car has bluetooth and wifi built in, so technically all the hardware is there that is needed to enable wireless carplay. An alternative, I picked up a retractable lightning-to-USB cable from Amazon so there is no cord dangling around. When I don't need it, it just hangs out in that little USB cubby. When I need it, I typically place the phone in the cup holder, expand the cord, and plug in. Works well and stays out of sight when not needed. =)

·
Registered
2015 Forester2.5i Premium CVT
996 Posts
What works for me is to use a very short, very high-quality USB-C cable that doesn't dangle or get in the way:

(Monoprice Select USB 3.0 Type-C to Type-A Cable, 1.5ft, Black - Monoprice.com)

This also assures optimal AA connectivity; it works perfectly (I have an aftermarket Sony head unit in my 2015). I mount my phone on the air vent above the screen and use it to display album covers while the phone charges and the Sony displays maps. The iOttie phone mount makes to easy to mount and remove the phone with one hand.

This all works so well for me that if I did have wireless AA, I might not use it.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts