Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can we add Rockford Fosgate upgrade to 2019 Forester Limited Model? I went to a dealership service and inquired about it and got reply as we could not upgrade it to Rockford Fosgate. Next upgrade is Harman Kardon which comes in optional package?

Did anyone upgrade it? If yes, Please share your experience with respect to 6 speaker standard stereo.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
7 Posts
Can we add Rockford Fosgate upgrade to 2019 Forester Limited Model? I went to a dealership service and inquired about it and got reply as we could not upgrade it to Rockford Fosgate. Next upgrade is Harman Kardon which comes in optional package?

Did anyone upgrade it? If yes, Please share your experience with respect to 6 speaker standard stereo.
I just picked up the 2019 Forester Sport with the Harmon Kardon package and there is a noticeable difference in sound quality overall from the base models. The sound really stands out with the sub woofers. I don't listen to a ton of music with lots of bass but even with just rock/ alternative and some electronic the sound is fantastic. Its worth the upgrade in my opinion if you want real deep surround sound experience in the car. No regrets on my part at all.

·
Registered
71 Posts

The fosgate system is a massive upgrade to the stock setup. While it only changes out the 6x9s it powers all speakers and has a dsp built in. Should be around $360-380 and 1hr maybe 1.5 max to install but if you have any skills you can do it yourself. If your vehicle doesn't have tweeters the wires are there and I can give you some recommendations if needed .. but the stock tweeters do very good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess the vehicle does not have tweeters. I need to check with service at my dealership. May be I would prefer to add stock tweeters instead of replacing whole system if it's possible to add. Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I guess the vehicle does not have tweeters. I need to check with service at my dealership. May be I would prefer to add stock tweeters instead of replacing whole system if it's possible to add. Thanks for your advice.

check ebay first.. I think I saw some stock tweeters for 25. You could at this point get any tweeter though.. at your early stage what I would do is get the fosgate update, but grab a pioneer 6.5 set for the rear doors, use the woofer on the door and use the tweeter in the front dash.. now you'll have all upgraded speakers.. no need to worry about a coax or tweeter in the rear unless you really have a need for it.. the full range sound out of the 6.5 should be enough imo and the pioneer have great bass response that should fit nice w/ the Fosgate 6x9 up front. Just some thoughts.. good luck either way though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
btw I have a set of infinity reference tweeters all setup I have on the for sale page.. come ready to screw down.. crossovers etc all included.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts