Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Touring CVT
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Try as I may, but finding a suitable cabin air filter replacement for the 2019 Forester has been harder than I thought it would be. Not many choices out there.
I would prefer the Fram Fresh Breeze with the Arm & Hammer baking soda type, (I used them in the past providing better results on my other cars), but alas they don't make one for the Forester.
So either it is an OEM one or one of the three on Amazon that fit the 2019.
1-PTC 3775
2-Mahle LA 461
3-Champion CCF1869

Of the three it seems that the Champion one is Activated Carbon. I'll probably end up buying it, but does anyone else have changed their cabin air filter and if so what brand?

TS out

Edit: The PTC and the Mahle do not fit.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
321 Posts
@twospirits I have changed mine about a month ago. Was in the same situation as you; OEM or aftermarket and hope it works.
I chose OEM for now until FRAM makes a compatible filter.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hard to imagine that the filter holder was changed for '19. I don't know, but suspect that an '18 type would fit fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reading reviews of the Mahle LA 461 a lot of people are saying it does not fit in the ‘19 forester. Anyone know for certain?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
475 Posts
Whole new frame for the 2019 cabin air filter. The Champion 1869 doesn't fit. The 2019 frame is thin to the insertion end.

·
Registered
2020 Forester 2.5i-S (Touring)
85 Posts
Whole new frame for the 2019 cabin air filter. The Champion 1869 doesn't fit. The 2019 frame is thin to the insertion end.
So there are no alternatives?

K&N told me they have no idea when and if they will make them.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,429 Posts
Oh for the good old days when we made our own by cutting up a furnace filter, and duct taping it into the frame of the original filter. One $15 furnace filter would make 6 replacements, vs $35 apiece for the OEM filter—which was the only thing on the market.

·
Registered
2017 Foz 2.5i CVT
1,804 Posts
The logical answer here seems to be buying an OEM filter until aftermarket replacements are available... 😀

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i MT
277 Posts
Mine gets about 20 seconds with my hand vac twice a year (before I hit the floor mats). Keep a new one handy for when I notice any air-flow reduction.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
272 Posts
$20.68 from the local dealer (which I hate to use because their service department is a sham, but their parts prices are good and the next closest dealership is 1.5 hours away).

Check eBay. For example, I got the OEM engine filter from a dealership in Massachusetts for $17.98, free shipping.

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Touring CVT
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A few more entries for this thread.
Ecoguard has finally made a cabin air filter for the Subaru Forester 2019-20 part number XC11800 (according to their parts list.), since Feb 2020.
Seems that only Carid.com has them so far. $8.03 each + $10.95 shipping +$1.98 tax = $20.66

Amazon also seems to have the OEM Subaru 72880FL000
$19.95 each +Free shipping + $1.77 tax = $21.72

TS out

·
Registered
09 forester
230 Posts
IMHO the cabin air filter is a rock catcher to keep the heater core and AC evaporator clean and free from leaf pieces, and maybe keep mice from getting to the heater core. I buy the cheapest filter I can find on rockauto.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
678 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forester 2.5i-S (Touring)
85 Posts
That seems expensive, is that $70 Aussie dollars? as that = about $45USD.

Mind you, shipping is very expensive from Oz.

They suggest it be changed every 12 months.

Finally I don't get any exhaust fumes from the vehicles in front, seems to do the job.

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring CVT
1,124 Posts
It filters fume smell too but allows air to pass through it ?
Thats pretty impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts