Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt see this anywhere after looking for hours on this website so i apologize if this has been covered but I recently got a 2019 forester sport in california. I noticed it does not have the cool drl “boomerang” that the limited and touring have but in other countries the sport model does. Does anyone know where/how to get those awesome drl’s???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our Canadian spec. 2019 Sport has LED headlamps and fogs w/C-lights aka "boomerangs" from factory. Until someone comes out with an aftermarket option like they have for the 2015+ WRX/STI your only option would be headlamp assm. swap???

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD
595 Posts
Am I missing something. I thought all the new 2019 Foresters had the LED reverse 'C' daytime running lights?

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring HT-CVT
576 Posts
Am I missing something. I thought all the new 2019 Foresters had the LED reverse 'C' daytime running lights?
That's what I thought too. I thought they all came with the same LED light assembly. The only difference being higher trim models are steering responsive and that's it.

·
Registered
2019 Sport cvt
152 Posts
Hmmh. Haven't really checked but the other day looked like it when I saw it while my wife was driving it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
What you're missing is people are probably turning on the cars getting out and looking.

I'm going to guess they don't come on until it's in gear unless they changed it.. Been this way on Subis for years- even our 2011 Legacy

·
Registered
595 Posts
Although a higher trim level than the Sport. Here's a video review and you can clearly see at the 7:19 minute mark the 2019 Forester has LED DRLs. I think Scubamagoo must be thinking of something else as you won't see Subaru's DRLs until the vehicle is in gear.
https://youtu.be/-_xPML293Xg?t=231

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
5 Posts
I can confirm that the Sport model in US does not have the C shaped DRLs it uses the same headlight housing as the basic trim level. I watched a lot of videos on YouTube and saw the DRLs but I guess those reviews were from Canada. When I got my Forester Sport a couple of days ago I noticed the lack of the LEDs on the headlights (really disappointing). Now the question is, can they be replaced without any other modification?

·
Registered
595 Posts
I can confirm that the Sport model in US does not have the C shaped DRLs it uses the same headlight housing as the basic trim level. I watched a lot of videos on YouTube and saw the DRLs but I guess those reviews were from Canada. When I got my Forester Sport a couple of days ago I noticed the lack of the LEDs on the headlights (really disappointing). Now the question is, can they be replaced without any other modification?
In that case what dose the Sport trim use as DRLs?

Looks like I've answered my own question. Here's a video of the Sport driving during the day. And you can clearly see the headlights are used as the DRLs. Bummer Subaru would do this on the lower trim levels.
https://youtu.be/MySqtCaWPfI?t=17

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
316 Posts
In that case what dose the Sport trim use as DRLs?

Looks like I've answered my own question. Here's a video of the Sport driving during the day. And you can clearly see the headlights are used as the DRLs. Bummer Subaru would do this on the lower trim levels.
https://youtu.be/MySqtCaWPfI?t=17
The Sport Trim does have LED headlights. All 2019 Forester Trim Levels come standard with LED dual use headlights; Limited and Touring come with the Sterring Reaponsive LED headlights.

·
Registered
2019 Sport cvt
152 Posts
Hmmh. Haven't really checked but the other day looked like it when I saw it while my wife was driving it.
Nope, it was a reflection on the outer frame. FWIW, it's probably not safely possible to check operations of the drls by yourself, given the way the drls require being in gear, brake off, etc.

·
Registered
2016 Forester
898 Posts
Nope, it was a reflection on the outer frame. FWIW, it's probably not safely possible to check operations of the drls by yourself, given the way the drls require being in gear, brake off, etc.
Choke a wheel on a flat ground and shift to neutral will work.

Forester is a lot more expensive in Canada than US so not surprised we get a little more standard equipment as consolation.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
62 Posts
I was able to check the DRL's while in traffic, stopped behind a clean car that clearly reflected my lights, I was also interested in the turn signal/DRL operation. I've noticed my DRL's stay on while the turn signal is activated, unlike some other models on the road. Now if we just could get the White DRL's to turn Amber and perform the turn signal function it would be sweet!:grin2: I have seen that mod available for 2016 Legacy.

Here's an example:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Choke a wheel on a flat ground and shift to neutral will work.

Forester is a lot more expensive in Canada than US so not surprised we get a little more standard equipment as consolation.
Considering the headlight is basically the same across all trims. Where Subaru seems it a good place to save money always boggles my mind.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts