Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. So I’m taking delivery soon and debating on getting the body side molding. Want your opinions. Do you love em or hate em? If you have it do you regret it? If you don’t have them are you planning on adding? (FYI it’s the ones that go across both doors front to back)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 forester touring
103 Posts
I have it on my car. It adds a little protection from someone's door. It looks a little "classier" if you will. My dealership has them installed on all the tourings already. I didn't check the other trims. Before mine came in I had a choice with or without, so I chose with and don't regret it If you decide to get it later, you're the one who has to line it up and everything, unless you choose to have the dealer install it.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,334 Posts
I've installed the OEM body side moldings on all three of our Subarus. They will prevent most, but not all, door dings.

·
Registered
2018 Forester CVT
151 Posts
I had it on some cars and some without. My last ride a 2006 Accent did not. The two annoying dents I got was my fault as I did not lift a Mac Pro tower high enough to get it on the rear seat. I always parked “smart” parking far enough because some people may not care to walk and usually at the end where no one will next to me on one side. So with that effort I had two dents and a chip on my hood when I traveled through Harrisburg PA. Yeah a little anal on that 2006 for 12 years.
Lou Cioccio

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
190 Posts
I like the look of it. Should be getting mine soon! Gives it some more angles and dimension. I would however purchase it through a wholesaler or make sure the dealer can match wholesaler prices.

Reactions: GLOW

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Rubber band
524 Posts
I have them on my Sport. Probably can stop a few dings but I like the look and style of them. I've had three new OB's since 2011 all with BSM and never had a ding on them or the doors. I must be lucky.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium CVT
449 Posts
I have them, mounted them 2 inches higher than the installation template, where the body side sticks out a bit more. But like them more for looks than protection, though I havent had a ding on them yet which is a bonus. They also firm up the sound of the doors closing too.

·
Registered
2019 Sport CVT
658 Posts
I have them on my ‘12 Forester, ‘13 Crosstrek and now the ‘19 Sport. They are pretty easy to install yourself. They come with a cardboard template that tapes to the doors.

When installing, I would not recommend pulling off all the tape. Just the ends and enough “tails” that you fold out to the sides. AFTER cleaning well with IPA place the piece onto the car and then pull the tails to expose all the tapes. A rubber craft roller is great for pressing it down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all. So I’m actually picking it up today and I believe he mentioned it has a few extra accessories on it, one being the molding. I have never had it in my previous vehicles and I’m willing to see if it grows on me. Now I’m worried if I tell them to take it off, chances of them ruining the paint or something else. Or is that n easy removal with a heat gun?

Thank you for this link. Def the cheapest prices from the other wholesale I’ve searched. Already ordered a few extras from there. lol

·
Registered
2018 Touring XT CVT
187 Posts
They are like having a phone case. Not the greatest looking, but they just might save you when that situation arises, and it always does.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport - Ice Silver Metallic, Option pkg 24.
267 Posts
Body side moldings to me make the cars look ugly and cluttered. I prefer a clean look to car. I also hate all the emblems car manufactures add to their cars like awd symmetrical and other unnecessary emblems. I usually take a dental floss and remove these emblems on the first day of taking delivery. I also hate it when dealers tack on their dealer name with either stickers or plastic emblems on the back of cars. I ordered my Sport and I have requested my sales guy not to add the front license plate bracket or drill any holes on the bumper. I also asked them not to add any bumper protective covers either. Additionally, I've asked the dealer not to detail the car or wash it once the car arrives. I am that peculiar :) Anyhow, your Sport looks good without the side moldings :)

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
26 Posts
My 2019 Sport was barely in the garage before the dealer emblem and license plate bracket were history. If dealers start paying for advertising space...maybe. At least mine used a full sticker rather than just letters. It was much easier than removing the price label from new drinking glasses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. So I’m taking delivery soon and debating on getting the body side molding. Want your opinions. Do you love em or hate em? If you have it do you regret it? If you don’t have them are you planning on adding? (FYI it’s the ones that go across both doors front to back)

I live on a dirt road and am considering removing the body side moldings from my 2019 Forester because they cause the EDGE OF THE DOORS TO BE CAKED IN MUD..and soon this will be salty mud. I am going to check with the dealer to see if there is anyway to prevent water, mud and salt from becoming lodged in the channel created by the molding. I would rather remove the molding now and then put it back on when I sell the car. I had the car undercoated by Subaru when I first bought it, but that is not going to protect the door panels. Anyone have experience with this?

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport
27 Posts

I bought them after i bought my car in August and installed them myself. I gotta say I really like them. Add a nice break on the large door area. I’m a fan.

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester Automatic
85 Posts
I like the look of them on my 2019 a different the help protect from door dings. My 2011did not have them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts