Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring paddled CVT
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a frustrating time playing mp3's stored on my phone on my new Forester. I'd appreciate help with a few questions:

1. Can I use BlueTooth for the sound only (i.e., and not controlling my phone), and use the player app running on my phone? I find the car's bluetooth player lacks ffwd/rewind and a progress bar, and also seems to occasionally restart the song/podcast from the beginning when I start the car instead of taking up where I left off.

2. Are there any Android Auto sound player apps that include ffwd/rwd and progress bar?

3. Is the car's equalizer available when I play through BlueTooth or Android Auto? How is it accessed?

4. A minor frustration is that it doesn't display the mp3 filename being played, but only the metadata title. I suppose there's no way around this? I have a lot of downloaded podcasts without metadata set.

Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited CVT
29 Posts
2. If you use Google Play Music (GPM), you could upload the files there and then play them through the GPM app on Android Auto.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited CVT
29 Posts
I mean, if your goal is to play the mp3's you have through your car stereo with an app that has a ffwd/rwd and a progress bar, it's definitely an option. You would upload them to GPM, then download them through the app onto your phone.

I did some quick googling and another option is the app MDPlayer. It's Android Auto compatible and is designed to play locally stored media from your phone.

Good luck on your search.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts