Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace a 2019's roof rails with something with a beefier look -- something with a tubular steel look like the Nissan Exterra or 4runner TRD Pro. Has anyone ever seen something similar for the Forester?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am looking to replace a 2019's roof rails with something with a beefier look -- something with a tubular steel look like the Nissan Exterra or 4runner TRD Pro. Has anyone ever seen something similar for the Forester?

Thanks for the help!
The factory rails themselves can hold over 700lbs Static. So not sure why you would want to change them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can I please get an answer that is responsive to my inquiry for help instead of patronizing questions? It's ok if you don't know of an aftermarket rail. But this is getting way too similar to the Honda sales guy that pulled a FWD Passport for me to test drive after I asked for AWD. He said, "Why do you need AWD? No one in Texas needs AWD."

·
Registered
232 Posts
Can I please get an answer that is responsive to my inquiry for help instead of patronizing questions? It's ok if you don't know of an aftermarket rail. But this is getting way too similar to the Honda sales guy that pulled a FWD Passport for me to test drive after I asked for AWD. He said, "Why do you need AWD? No one in Texas needs AWD."

In this case the answer is still no. No one makes a beefier rail than what is currently installed. You will need to see a Fab Shop for custom work.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Like these? https://www.rocky-road.com/jeep-cherokee-kl-roof-rails.html I used to have a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk .. Rocky Road Outfitters was one of the companies willing to make aftermarket parts for a relatively small market. Maybe see if they’re interested in fabricating something? If there’s enough interest they might just help you out. Good luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like these? https://www.rocky-road.com/jeep-cherokee-kl-roof-rails.html I used to have a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk .. Rocky Road Outfitters was one of the companies willing to make aftermarket parts for a relatively small market. Maybe see if they’re interested in fabricating something? If there’s enough interest they might just help you out. Good luck!
Yes! I like that look. Not as tough looking as the TRD Pro one, but close! Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
Armanius
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing