Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Forester Base Ice Silver
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe the 2019 Forester Base and Premium models do not come with a Chrome Exhaust tip like the other models. I have a Base model and ordered the OEM from the upper trims as well as another from Amazon and have not been able to get either to fit on the Base trim exhaust. Has anyone successfully purchased an exhaust tip (Chrome or Black) for the Base or Premium model? The diameter seems to be about 2". I saw a couple exhaust tips that other 2019 Forester owners have used, but those look like replacements for the short OEM tip, and I am not looking for one that extends out past the bumper - max length for me would probably be about 6" or so. Thanks for all who can help!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
276 Posts
This is unfortunate news. I ordered the OEM chrome tip for the Touring trim for my Premium. I haven’t picked up the part yet. Unfortunate that it doesn’t fit!

Is the exhaust pipe too large? Does the bumper trim interfere with fitting?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I can't speak specifically to the OEM tip from the upper trims and why it doesn't fit the Premium, or even the base. However, I'll suggest that the struggle might come from the bulge at end of the tailpipe on the stock muffler. It effectively increases the outside diameter of the pipe and may be the cause of the fitment issue. There should be more than one work around for this scenario. The most basic would be to cut off enough of the tailpipe to eliminate the bulge. I'm thinking with a small amount of creativity, the OEM tip will fit if you're up for the task.

If the OEM tip is just chrome-plated mild steel, I'd pass on it and find something in polished stainless. That's just my opinion.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
276 Posts
Well, I went to pick up the ordered chrome exhaust tip from the dealer today. I asked her to double-check the fit before I took it home and was potentially unable to install the part. I may have mentioned that I "read somewhere" that it might not fit :wink2:. She said the best way would be to check the muffler.

The entire muffler assembly for the upper trims is a different part number. Whether it is the bulge that @coregrind pointed out (which I hadn't noticed previously, and it quite obvious) or something else, I opted to not buy the part.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same issue here..i bought the Tip a few month back and can't make it fit. I too found the muffler for the base and premium have a different part numbers - so that has to be the issue. Not sure what to do with it now, i prefer the look of a nice polished finisher.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
16 Posts
I purchased a Walker exhaust tip from a local parts store for my ‘19. Part number Walker 36445. Has a nice finish and good quality. I don’t like the tips with the cheesy set screws. This has the set screws but I purchased this tip because it has the same inlet diameter as the car. I used a mallet and wood block to get the exhaust tip installed, with no issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport - Ice Silver Metallic, Option pkg 24.
266 Posts
Why not get a nameless aftermarket exhaust? The tips on that muffler looks way better than the chrome tips from Subaru.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport - Ice Silver Metallic, Option pkg 24.
266 Posts
Cost and sound.
How much is a OEM exhaust for Sport trim? Nameless is having a black Friday deal 12% off on a $275 exhaust. That is pretty cheap to me and it sounds pretty damn good IMO versus the quiet and vague OEM exhaust. Subarus are suppose to make some noise!

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Base - Magnetite Gray Metallic
174 Posts
I got the "AutoZone PM-5119AZ"

Tried to install them, ya not happening....

How did you get 'em installed?!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is unfortunate news. I ordered the OEM chrome tip for the Touring trim for my Premium. I haven’t picked up the part yet. Unfortunate that it doesn’t fit!

Is the exhaust pipe too large? Does the bumper trim interfere with fitting?
The bulge, or flare at the end of the existing pipe is there on all models. The genuine stainless tip fits neatly over that bulge to give a snug fit with no gaps. Upper trim levels have a small bracket with a captive nut to fit the single 10mm fitment stud. I welded a 10mm nut to a small steel strap and then welded that in the appropriate position under the tailpipe . Job done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts