Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if their is a dealer maintenance setting that will change the default for AVH to on?
I hate pressing it every time in get in the car, or stop the engine.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
1,775 Posts
Probably not. Much like the A-S-S system (auto stop start), the system defaults to a single process - on or off - with an override - off or on.

Is there a particular reason you want it to always be on? Even though the AVH system is a great feature, you should still be keeping your foot on the brake pedal when stopped.

·
Registered
2018 Forester Limited
254 Posts
Doesn't hurt to ask. I was amazed at the changeable defaults that Toyota provides in their Techstream dealer software package. If Subaru shop software (SSM4 or whatever they actually use, or the HDS tool for aftermarket shops) is the near equal, it might be possible.

A friend has a VW and a copy of cracked software on a laptop. He can change the total feel of the electric power steering and a hundred other parameters.

The reason you can't permanently defeat Auto Stop/Start is that it's baked into the EPA ratings.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring
281 Posts
Is there a particular reason you want it to always be on? Even though the AVH system is a great feature, you should still be keeping your foot on the brake pedal when stopped.
I felt the same way at first when I bought my MK7 Golf R 3 years ago. After a while I decided to give it a go and ended up permanently leaving it on since. Unlike on the Subaru, pressing on the brake after it engages doesn't disengage the system. That's what bothers me the most about Subaru's implementation. Well that and the fact that you can't actually leave permanently on.

A friend has a VW and a copy of cracked software on a laptop. He can change the total feel of the electric power steering and a hundred other parameters.
Even better than that, you can get OBDeleven on your mobile and change everything wirelessly. It's truly amazing the things I can customize on my Golf.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
732 Posts
Check around p166 of your 2019 manual for a table listing of functions that supposedly can be modified by the dealer.

see post #330 which shows part of the table.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts