Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I’m confused about the auto start/stop system. When I get into the car, I turn off the auto start/stop system by pressing the button on the console, and everything is fine - the auto start/stop is not active, which is confirmed on the dashboard. But after kickdown while in motion, the auto start/stop system turns on again. Is this normal behavior or I have problems?

·
Registered
2020 Fozzie Sport
23 Posts
Not sure what a kickdown is, but the Auto Start/Stop on our Fozzie seems to turn on whenever the heck it wants to. I'll turn it off sometimes while in park before we leave the house, and at the first light, for whatever reason, engine stops.
Honestly I don't think the cars CPU gives a crap whether you press the button or not, it seems to do what it wants, when it wants!

I ordered the Auto Start Stop Eliminator earlier today, because after a month of owning this car, and 1&1/2 hours of engine start/stops I've saved 1/2 a gallon of gas, Whooptie Doo! The Starter is probably drowning in like 2000 starts already! >_<
Do yourself a favor and get the Eliminator, make it remember when you turn it off!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts