Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to owning a Subaru Forester (2019) and new to understanding wheels and tyres. I am looking to crease from a 225/60/r17 stock to larger 235/65/17 1” lift and new 17 rims. I live in Queensland Australia and trying to find out whether a forester is technically considered a car or suv as their are restrictions on offset limits.

Also how can I verify my PCD?

Any help is greatly appreciated (I’m a total newbie)!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,217 Posts
Its classified as an SUV by everyone except the good people that make the rules in Australia. jk ;)

·
Registered
2014 FXT
14 Posts
A Foz in Oz is an MC category vehicle - so an off-road vehicle. You can double check on the Foz's compliance plate. MA category is a normal passenger car. Queensland modification rules go by compliance category, a useful talking point when dealing with tyre dealerships and other places that want to argue that it's a soft-roader and can't be modded like a 4x4.

PCD (a quick google search says) 5x114.3.

You're not interested in putting new rubber on your current rims?

Also be aware of the size you're considering, the spare is unlikely to fit in the spare well. You'll likely need to fully deflate the spare and raise the boot floor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW really appreciate the help!! Thank you! Yeah I’m reconsidering size and going to go with 225/65/17 instead which I think will fit :) (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
2014 FXT
14 Posts
See if the tyre shop can let you test fit before purchasing, or see if the tyre shop has an old one to try, or go on gumtree and buy your size on any rim for $30 as a test.

You'll probably need to still run it fully deflated like the SJ (previous gen) forester like mine. I went to a 235 wide tyre in my SJ and I needed to raise the boot floor 20mm and run the tyre fully deflated to get it to fit and the floor sit flat.

It's easy to raise the boot floor or make your own with a lip around the edge to raise it. That's what I did, but now the fridge slide and fridge don't fit under the cargo barrier. So I'm slide-less until my tyres wear out and I go back to 225/65r17 (or 225/60r18 as I quite like my stock 18" rims).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts