Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I've been looking for cross bars for the roof rack of my 2019 Subaru Forester. I finally decided to just order the Aero bars from our local Subaru dealer. They arrived after two days and I picked them up today. Of course as I went to put them on, I discovered they ordered the wrong part.

Due to time constraints (and frustration), I'm wondering if there are any alternative 3rd party (Thule, Yakima, etc...) cross bars that would work with the rails that are supplied on the 2019 Forster.

Has anybody found any success with this course of action?

Just so you know, if you DO order the cross bars from Subaru, the part number you DO want is SOA367010.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Li
18 Posts
I replaced the mounting bracket on my xtrail whispbar through bar racks with an aftermarket mount. (K328W) Many manufacturers are using whispbars as branded racks for their own s you may be lucky. Mount may be different if not using through bars

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
654 Posts
I bought the Thule aero bars, but I have a Yakima ski rack that fit my 09 Forester. I was able to mount this successfully to the Thule aerobars. Just an FYI. It is not a perfect fit, but will work and I prefer not to change all my locks and racks since I use the Yakima bike rack system too.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2 Posts
I'll try my Yakima Whispbar's that came over from my 2015 Crosstrek. Looking at the Yakima site these bars fit multiple vehicles and "should" fit the Forester just Fine i'll throw one up tonight to check fitment.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i Touring non-nav 7"
4 Posts
@landmissle Hello, I know this is old, but did you originally order the bars for 2014-2018 forester? Im selling some and everyone keeps asking me if they fit their vehicle lol. Thx

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i Touring non-nav 7"
2 Posts
I never got an official answer from anyone, but I had someone come by and test them on her 2019 crosstrek. Definitely did not fit. Could not even get them to clamp on. I would confidently "guess" if you can secure them tightly without any weirdness, they are just fine. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring Horizon Blue
3 Posts
I had a set of the Brightline Aero bars for our previous 2015 Forester that we kept when we bought out 2020 Forester last fall.
All I had to do was use the length adjustments on the Brightlines and they fit our 2020 Forester without issue.
So I would suspect any of the Aero bars that have length adjustments that fit the 2014-18 Foresters should fit the 2019+ Foresters also.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts