Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
191 Posts
What strut tower bar is that? I'm not seeing this kit on the AEM website.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been looking at this one. Worth the upgrade after driving it a bit? I currently have the Nameless exhaust and K&N on mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been running it about a week now. Definitely loud at higher rpm....my engine bay is pretty dirty haha...anyone have recommendations? I used to use simple green on my FJ with no issues, but curious.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Simple green will work. Cover the ECU and any major connections.

I'd personally take the engine cover off and clean it. It lifts out so easy.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
18 Posts
Ordered one on Black Friday from Rally Sport as well. I'm stuck in a back order till end of the month. Can't wait to get it installed!

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
540 Posts
Nice! I just discovered this air intake. I had intake and exhaust on my 2009 Forester and it was so loud, I struggled to hear anyone talkign to me at highway speeds. The 2019 Sport is so quiet that I am excited to give this a try. I have the LeChute muffler and that added some nice quality without being overly loud. If I can add this and gain 2HP with not that much loudness, it will be perfect. So, excited.

Is this the first Intake system on the market for the 2019???

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice! I just discovered this air intake. I had intake and exhaust on my 2009 Forester and it was so loud, I struggled to hear anyone talkign to me at highway speeds. The 2019 Sport is so quiet that I am excited to give this a try. I have the LeChute muffler and that added some nice quality without being overly loud. If I can add this and gain 2HP with not that much loudness, it will be perfect. So, excited.

Is this the first Intake system on the market for the 2019???
It is one of the first intakes.

It should add more than 2HP

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
540 Posts
Installed! The spec sheet says it has an 8HP increase and I really feel it! Very impressive kit and worth every penny. I notice that the off-the-line performance is outstanding. High speed passing power is good, but not as impressive as off-the-line.

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
540 Posts
I have been running it about a week now. Definitely loud at higher rpm....my engine bay is pretty dirty haha...anyone have recommendations? I used to use simple green on my FJ with no issues, but curious.
View attachment 527707
This is a design flaw from Subaru as far as I can tell. I wonder if they corrected this on the 2020 model. There are several threads on this site talking about installing a piece of weatherstirping to the hood. When closed the strip will form a seal under the hood lip and prevents all the road dust from entering. You can see my engine compartment is pretty clean. I did a light wiping before the photo, but my compartment used to look like yours before the mod.

Simple and cheap fix. Some people argue that it was designed that way for a purpose and the air flow is needed. I have 20K miles with the wetherstrip and have not noticed any overheating or performance problems. I really think this was an oversight by Subaru. The mod is awesome.

·
Registered
163 Posts
has anyone else tested their Long Term Fuel Trims?

I finally got this installed. Sounds awesome, definite power increase. But the fuel trims under load were 7-10% at worst.

Under most driving cases it's much better than that, but it really wanted to creep to 10% under constant 70mph driving and heavy up hill loads.

Going to recheck all of my connections and look for leaks in the system.

I know how fuel trims work, but not 100% sure what is remotely safe. I always considered 10% the upper limit. I know 0% is preferred.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport CVT
146 Posts
Does this item come with a CARB sticker? The perks of living in California..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts