Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Automatic
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a lot of discussion about removing the orange vent trim on Sport models, but i am actually interested in making the center vents orange to match the outer ones. And possibly some of the silver trim on the lower dash. Does anyone know what color is used for the inside (the outside is much redder.?) TIA

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
191 Posts

also @shimmygrl8 has had rock sliders painted in a similar color maybe they have a color code or a name.

I think that the colors may be the same inside as outside, just different lighting. There's also an app for it you could get on your phone but I don't know its accuracy.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
173 Posts
In my opinion, none of the orange accents match each other. The plastic exterior trim is different than the roof rack orange trim and the interior orange is again a different color. Depending on the lighting, the exterior trim flip flops in color. Sometimes more orange, sometimes more red.

If looking to powder coat, the way to get the best match is to go to Prismatic Powders website and look through all of the orange colors available. They will send powder coat color samples applied to aluminium free of charge (just pay shipping). That is what I did to pick the color I wanted applied to the rock sliders.

I painted my calipers orange, so I went with a powder color that appeared more orange than red.
In bright sunlight, it is a pretty close match.

In the shade, the Sport trim looks more red-ish than orange. It almost matches the red anodize on my tow hook closer than the orange on the calipers and sliders.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
173 Posts
Skid plates and lift kit are powder coat color RAL2004
Rock sliders are powder coat color Chevy orange
Calipers are Dupli-Color paint in a can color Chevy orange

1 - 8 of 8 Posts